Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2010, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2010, 11:42:02 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2010, 11:24:43 PM
The Drought continues.

USA! USA!

It was an awesome run by both Barke & Kearney. As long as the Chinese aren't winning, we can be happy.

I'm mainly trying to temper the Canadian Nationalism of CC. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

So what are the handful of protestors against the Olympics actually protesting against? Commercialization of sports? The corruption in the IOC? Prevalent doping in sports? :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2010, 12:24:20 AM
So what are the handful of protestors against the Olympics actually protesting against? Commercialization of sports? The corruption in the IOC? Prevalent doping in sports? :huh:

Probably protesting that Gitmo still hasn't been closed, and that US troops are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2010, 11:48:31 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2010, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2010, 11:42:02 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 13, 2010, 11:24:43 PM
The Drought continues.

USA! USA!

It was an awesome run by both Barke & Kearney. As long as the Chinese aren't winning, we can be happy.

I'm mainly trying to temper the Canadian Nationalism of CC. :P

I didn't know Canadian could be Nationalistic.  I thought it was against their constitution or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 13, 2010, 04:51:26 PM
Quote from: Strix on February 13, 2010, 12:13:50 PM
SO, can Canada finally win a Gold medal when hosting an Olympics? Or will the streak continue....

given the number of golds we have won since 88, either you know nothing about recent olympic history or you are just trolling.

Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. Canada did not win a Gold Medal in the 1988 Winter Olympics nor did they win any Gold Medals in the 1976 Summer Olympics. Granted I doubt anyone thought that Canada would win Gold in the 1972 games but still that is two Olympics hosted with ZERO Gold.

Nowhere did I say that Canada hasn't won Gold Medals at Olympics outside of Canada.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

I hope Canada wins one soon, so the newscasters will shut up about it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2010, 10:47:51 PM
So Silver and Bronze for US in Short Track Speedskating eh?

Yeah, almost a Gold and a Silver but the Korean in the lead managed to stay on his feet despite his teammate's best effort to trip him. I don't follow the sport except during the Olympics but it seems that the South Koreans cheat a lot. Anytime they have several people in a heat it just always seems to happen that a Korean trips, pushes, or drags on someone in the lead or trying to take the lead. It looks more like roller derby when they are involved.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2010, 12:50:27 AM
I didn't know Canadian could be Nationalistic.  I thought it was against their constitution or something.

I always thought it was only the Qubecois who acted like that.

Mr.Penguin

I dont know what it is, but I keep reading "Olympic Excitement" as Olympic Excrement... :blush:
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

katmai

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on February 14, 2010, 01:11:39 AM
I dont know what it is, but I keep reading "Olympic Excitement" as Olympic Excrement... :blush:

I guess Danes really are Germans deep down..

Jacob

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 01:13:06 AMI guess Danes really are Germans deep down..

I'm not sure I can welcome you into my house if you say things like that.

katmai

Quote from: Jacob on February 14, 2010, 01:23:59 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 01:13:06 AMI guess Danes really are Germans deep down..

I'm not sure I can welcome you into my house if you say things like that.

Doh hoisted on me own petard!

DisturbedPervert

Same   :lol:

Syt

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 01:13:06 AM

Dude, I've been to Copenhagen and visited Rosenborg Castle. Christian IV had his motto, family tree and just about all other inscriptions in German. So yeah, you're right.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2010, 02:08:02 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 01:13:06 AM

Dude, I've been to Copenhagen and visited Rosenborg Castle. Christian IV had his motto, family tree and just about all other inscriptions in German. So yeah, you're right.

Just becourse our royalty comes from a long line of krauts, doesn't mean that the rest of us belongs among the sausage munchers...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers