Let the attack ads commence! Amazing or Amazingly stupid, I just can't tell

Started by jimmy olsen, February 03, 2010, 07:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: grumbler on February 03, 2010, 10:08:41 PM
Disagree.  It is so awful it is awesome.

Exactly. It's awesome like Plan 9, Rocky Horror or something on MST3K. It's hilarious.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Larch

I would vote for that Campbell guy. Candidates that can shoot lasers from their eyes would always have my vote.

Eddie Teach

I was expecting something different when the link ended "internet g"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2010, 08:02:49 PM
Incidentally I also recommend this magnificent attack ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRgCOXaiDjQ

Totally classic one right there.  The slightest New Yorkish Jew accent is sublime.  Who wants deli?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2010, 07:58:04 PM
Elect a woman? No way. Plus she ruined HP.

I could see how that commercial would scare the shit out of 4 year olds.

The Larch

I forgot. Elected coroners? WTF? Do you also elect postmen? Street sweepers?

Eddie Teach

There's an old saying if somebody's disliked, they "couldn't be elected dog-catcher."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2010, 07:00:32 AM

Postmen have to pass a postal worker exam and are federal employees.  Street sweepers are typically contract bidders for the municipality.

Interesting anecdote: even though the United States Postal Services maintains its own HR and pays from its own revenue rather than the treasury, postal workers are barred as federal employees from holding elected positions in the federal government; a friend of mine sued the government so he could run as a senatorial candidate for the Green Party and lost.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 04, 2010, 08:11:25 AM
There's an old saying if somebody's disliked, they "couldn't be elected dog-catcher."

Except I believe that ACO (animal control officer) has usually been absorbed into either local police force or the county sheriff's office.
Experience bij!

The Larch

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 04, 2010, 08:18:12 AM

Postmen have to pass a postal worker exam and are federal employees.  Street sweepers are typically contract bidders for the municipality.

Interesting anecdote: even though the United States Postal Services maintains its own HR and pays from its own revenue rather than the treasury, postal workers are barred as federal employees from holding elected positions in the federal government; a friend of mine sued the government so he could run as a senatorial candidate for the Green Party and lost.

Get your sarcasm/irony detector checked, it's not working.  :P

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2010, 08:26:23 AM

Oh, it is.  If I'd felt particularly cruel, I'd have linked a huge org chart showing positions that must be elected at the municipal, county/parish, state, and federal level. :contract:

Instead, I'll just post a link to this gem; thank Fireblade for this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMRWNNBYAc8
Experience bij!

The Larch

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 04, 2010, 08:28:05 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2010, 08:26:23 AM

Oh, it is.  If I'd felt particularly cruel, I'd have linked a huge org chart showing positions that must be elected at the municipal, county/parish, state, and federal level. :contract:

Please do, please do.  ;) So, which is the least reasonable position that has to be elected in your opinion?

QuoteInstead, I'll just post a link to this gem; thank Fireblade for this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMRWNNBYAc8

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

And I've only seen one minute of it!

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius