Let the attack ads commence! Amazing or Amazingly stupid, I just can't tell

Started by jimmy olsen, February 03, 2010, 07:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

I agree this is wonderful in so very many ways.  The one that confuses me most though is the sneaking suspicion I have that Michael Nyman did the soundtrack.

Incidentally I also recommend this magnificent attack ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRgCOXaiDjQ
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

That woman struck me as not very bright ever since she was McCain's adviser.  Then again, it's tough to look smart while delivering the Republican talking points.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2010, 08:02:49 PM

Yeah, was gonna post that, that's the craziest attack ad I've EVER seen.  Who knew this could happen over the race for coroner of New Orleans?

jimmy olsen

I agree this is wonderful in so very many ways.  The one that confuses me most though is the sneaking suspicion I have that Michael Nyman did the soundtrack.

DAAAAAAAMMMNN!

Now that's hardcore, but why the hell are coroners even elected?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 03, 2010, 09:01:46 PM

DAAAAAAAMMMNN!

Now that's hardcore, but they hell are coroners even elected?

In Cincinnati our coroner is elected, but the dude (a Democrat) ran unopposed the last 2 elections.  I'd probably vote for the dude even if he had a Republican running against him; I've gotten to hang out with him a few times & he's hilarious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2010, 09:39:05 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 03, 2010, 09:01:46 PM

DAAAAAAAMMMNN!

Now that's hardcore, but they hell are coroners even elected?

In Cincinnati our coroner is elected, but the dude (a Democrat) ran unopposed the last 2 elections.  I'd probably vote for the dude even if he had a Republican running against him; I've gotten to hang out with him a few times & he's hilarious.
How would a coroners political beliefs have any impact on his job performance?

1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on February 03, 2010, 09:34:28 PM
That Carly Fiorina ad is fucking terrible.
Disagree.  It is so awful it is awesome.

I also fucking despise people who use only their first names when they want me to think they are engaged in serious business.  "Carly for Senate" (or whatever office she is running for) destroys her cred right there.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on February 03, 2010, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: Scipio on February 03, 2010, 09:34:28 PM
That Carly Fiorina ad is fucking terrible.
Disagree.  It is so awful it is awesome.

I also fucking despise people who use only their first names when they want me to think they are engaged in serious business.  "Carly for Senate" (or whatever office she is running for) destroys her cred right there.
You didn't like Ike?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.