Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seen

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2010, 05:06:14 PM
Just saw a Captain, 31 in an Exploration Cruiser. Ship looked good.
I just heared someone spotted an admiral  :wacko:

Barrister

Apparently there were a handful by the time the game launched - all from just 3 days of headstart.

I mean - good for them I guess, but by all accounts the "end game" is a little on the light side right now, so I'm not sure why they'd bother...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Apparently there were one million active accounts created for open beta.  Cryptic advises they figured on 250k.

Now many are no doubt from various online giveaways, but an awful lot would be from pre-orders, so the game certainly sounds like it's going to open strong.  The question of course is whether subscriber numbers will plummet within a few months ala Warhammer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2010, 06:11:28 PM
Apparently there were one million active accounts created for open beta.  Cryptic advises they figured on 250k.

Now many are no doubt from various online giveaways, but an awful lot would be from pre-orders, so the game certainly sounds like it's going to open strong.  The question of course is whether subscriber numbers will plummet within a few months ala Warhammer.

Heh went back a few weeks ago to warhammer and all but one of my character were sitting in limbo as the servers were gone as part of their consolidation.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2010, 06:20:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2010, 06:11:28 PM

Heh went back a few weeks ago to warhammer and all but one of my character were sitting in limbo as the servers were gone as part of their consolidation.

That's the nice part of a "one server" model.  I feel pretty confident numbers will drop after a month or two, but it should't be as obvious to the players as in other games.

katmai

From STO website

Hey folks,

We just wanted to update you on our in-game server capacity status. Throughout Head Start we noticed the overwhelming response to the game and we are working on changes to further increase the number of people who can play Star Trek Online at any given time. Our current plan is to have these changes in place sometime this coming weekend. We will, of course, keep you updated on progress as it happens.

Really, we just want to thank you all again for your continued support and patience. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be here.

-The Star Trek Online Team

katmai

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

katmai

HVC

i got a phone call so logged out. i'll be back soon.

katmai

Quote from: HVC on February 02, 2010, 09:56:27 PM
i got a phone call so logged out. i'll be back soon.

just checking as did search and didn't see you :P

Alcibiades

Stop trying to recruit him to your 'guild'.   :rolleyes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on February 02, 2010, 09:43:59 PM
takes a bit to get used to flying

Hold down both mouse buttons - much easier to fly that way.