News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Triumph of Chaos, an AAR

Started by CountDeMoney, January 10, 2010, 09:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2010, 12:24:38 PM
I got the vassal module for this the other day as well as the rulebook in PDF.  It looks: extremely complicated.

Note that half the rules aren't even in the "rulebook" but only the "supplement."  The game is:  chromed out.

Caliga

Yeah, probably in an attempt to justify the $99 price tag.  :rolleyes:  I ain't paying that much for this shit, unless the counters are printed on ivory tiles or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on January 24, 2010, 11:39:49 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2010, 11:17:04 AM
White sounds like my playing style. Build everything until you have a sledgehammer. Swing hammer. It it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.

Red sounds more like my playing style.  Hang back and be defensive until the opponent overextends, then punish them.

Oh yeah, I'm more than happy to hang back, adding units to the board, waiting for the inevitable White overextention.  Then, they will learn the meaning of pain.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on January 24, 2010, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2010, 12:24:38 PM
I got the vassal module for this the other day as well as the rulebook in PDF.  It looks: extremely complicated.

Note that half the rules aren't even in the "rulebook" but only the "supplement."  The game is:  chromed out.

Yes, when I first got the game, the first thing I wanted to do was to edit the fucking rules.

Delirium

Good AAR, thanks. Hope you keep it up, it's a good read.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2010, 11:54:55 AM
No with the Central Powers vacated, I anticipate that the Ukraine, West Ukraine, and Makhno factions that are entrenched in the Red Control camp will be making an appearance for RED, totally assfucking the Don Cossacks and Whites from the west.

I anticipate that 1919 will be a Red year.  The only variable is Poland, who is completely and totally in the White camp.  What I do along their borders dictates how they will enter.  I'm not in the mood for a shitload of Martinuses limpwristing their way to Moscow.

:D  Don't forget the RP bonuses for the Ukrainian cities, nor the fact that those Peasants might actually go White, rather than Red, despite your control.

Ukraine is the most important faction after Poland.  He who controls the Ukraine wins the war.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2010, 02:13:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2010, 02:09:05 PM
You think we'll ever know how it ends?

Well, neither players seem to know what they are doing, which hints at Red domination around mid-game at which point they will declare the game decided and stop it.

Was Tamas: prophetic?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on February 07, 2010, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2010, 02:13:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2010, 02:09:05 PM
You think we'll ever know how it ends?

Well, neither players seem to know what they are doing, which hints at Red domination around mid-game at which point they will declare the game decided and stop it.

Was Tamas: prophetic?

Prohibitive snow storms the last two weekends have suspended action, which has been pretty fucking annoying.

ulmont

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 07, 2010, 04:10:43 PM
Prohibitive snow storms the last two weekends have suspended action, which has been pretty fucking annoying.

Fair enough.  My wife went to DC last Wednesday, was supposed to come back Saturday, and so far flights have been canceled until at least Monday afternoon.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on February 07, 2010, 04:20:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 07, 2010, 04:10:43 PM

Fair enough.  My wife went to DC last Wednesday, was supposed to come back Saturday, and so far flights have been canceled until at least Monday afternoon.

Oh yeah, the airports aren't going to be doing shit until at least tomorrow night.
And they're talking another 9"+ on Wednesday.