Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: ulmont on January 10, 2010, 12:27:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 12:26:30 PM
Your collective lack of appreciation has been noted.  <_<

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ass.

:)

Only thing better would be to borrow a mushroom cloud counter from another game and pretend his astroglide got vaporized.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on January 10, 2010, 01:01:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 12:56:24 PM
Turn 2 should become much more interesting as WHITE will be able to activate the Czech Legion, and perhaps have a chance at saving the Tsar.  I'm killing him as soon as I can.

Where does the Tsar start?

His presence is felt on the Turn Track starting in Turn 2.  I have to kill him, or he's a Replacement Step bonus for WHITE.

Razgovory

Well now the Ravens are victorious how fairs the revolution?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Sounds like you both went with some fairly unconventional moves.  Not that that's a bad thing, mind you--dicking around can be a lot of fun.

I won't comment too much on the strategy for fear of tipping things, but if you still hold Magnitogorsk and Tsaritsyn at the end of the first turn, you've done pretty well for yourself as the Reds.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 10, 2010, 06:12:47 PM
Well now the Ravens are victorious how fairs the revolution?

We were both so exhausted from the Ravens game, we called it a day.  Both dozed off in the BG-Ariz 3rd quarter, for Chrissakes.
Although, next weekend is a holiday weekend (thank you, Dr. King!), so we're going to put some major time in.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 10, 2010, 06:21:31 PM
Sounds like you both went with some fairly unconventional moves.  Not that that's a bad thing, mind you--dicking around can be a lot of fun.

I won't comment too much on the strategy for fear of tipping things, but if you still hold Magnitogorsk and Tsaritsyn at the end of the first turn, you've done pretty well for yourself as the Reds.

I was surprised that he wasn't as aggressive with at least moving units--so I didn't feel compelled to counter at this time--but in this assymetrical conflict, I chalk his conservatism up to my opponent's military indoctrination.  He'd feel more comfortable with panzers, breakouts and exploitations in depth.

It's obvious he wants to try to save the Tsar;  I personally never saw the long range benefit of it, even with early RS bonuses.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2010, 02:10:31 PM

Only thing better would be to borrow a mushroom cloud counter from another game and pretend his astroglide got vaporized.

Lettow77

I will follow this with interest.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

katmai

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 10, 2010, 08:11:59 PM
I will follow this with interest.

I shall be the anti-lettow woof!

More because the odds of CdM actually updating this before summer are astronomical.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 10, 2010, 08:13:27 PM
More because the odds of CdM actually updating this before summer are astronomical.

Oh, hush you.

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on January 10, 2010, 08:13:27 PM
You reckon the collapse of the game before turn 2 will be blamed on something new, or will it be the old "round up the usual suspects?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 08:02:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2010, 02:10:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Delirium

Nice AAR there, never played it but I always thought it looked really good when someone else did.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Triumph of Chrome is a lot of fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas