News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Triumph of Chaos, an AAR

Started by CountDeMoney, January 10, 2010, 09:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

:rolleyes: Please, it's "Triumph of No Developer."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on January 11, 2010, 09:44:40 AM
Nice AAR there, never played it but I always thought it looked really good when someone else did.

It's one of the better CDGs out there.  Despite the heap of chrome and the lack of development, Dockter ended up making a pretty good game.  I suspect it has to do with him being quite the Paths of Glory shark and knowing what pitfalls to look for as a player when designing a game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

You think we'll ever know how it ends?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2010, 02:09:05 PM
You think we'll ever know how it ends?

Well, neither players seem to know what they are doing, which hints at Red domination around mid-game at which point they will declare the game decided and stop it.

ulmont

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:43:15 PM
What do you mean by lack of development?

The heap of worthless chrome that really shouldn't in the game.  Specifically, some of the oddball rules that are never used, but are plugged into the game to provide some sort of historical purpose that is, in the general scheme of things, irrelevant.  I'm referring mainly to such things as the "Bomb Moscow," Propaganda activation, Red/White Fleet activation and other such trivialities.  There is just no place for them in an otherwise already heavy game and they, along with more than a few others, should've been cut by a seasoned developer that knows how to focus the game.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2010, 02:57:35 PMThere is just no place for them in an otherwise already heavy game and they, along with more than a few others, should've been cut by a seasoned developer that knows how to focus the game.

You think he'll have learned his lesson with the upcoming Triumph of Fascism?

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 06:47:29 PM
You think he'll have learned his lesson with the upcoming Triumph of Fascism?

:lol:

He put this teaser out in November.  You tell me :

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

I'm still going to get it, though, if only for two reasons: Condor. Legion.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 07:15:49 PM
I'm still going to get it, though, if only for two reasons: Condor. Legion.

Well, duh.  That and fucking Carlists.  Who doesn't love Carlists?  Bourbon-lovers GTFO.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2010, 07:16:02 PM
The chrome goes to 11.

It's like he took every concept from every game he ever liked and threw them into the pot.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 07:21:21 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2010, 07:16:02 PM
The chrome goes to 11.

It's like he took every concept from every game he ever liked and threw them into the pot.

He's crazy like a fox.

-J. R. R. Tolkien