News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vice guides

Started by Josquius, January 26, 2010, 07:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

This is a really interesting site (or rather interesting part of a site, haven't examined the rest), a bunch of 'travel guides' from dangerous and evil countries.

Liberia part 1:http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1-of-8
North Korea part 1: http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

I stumbled on their North Korean one on youtube a while back, a lot of the standard stuff from N.Korea docs but good nonetheless. Just started watching their others. The Liberian one thus far is rather cool
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Why are they called vice guides? That just makes them sound sketchy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 26, 2010, 10:04:15 PM
Why are they called vice guides? That just makes them sound sketchy.

It's Canadian magazine (VICE) that moved to NYC when it became to cool for Canada. We carry the DVD at work. They are often funny, in a South Parky retarded hipster kind of way. They publish all sorts of guides etc also.
:p

Pat

I count the VICE Guide to Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll among my influences.

Josephus

A woman I met on my trip to Grenada last November is writing a book on Hedonism in Montreal. That sorta' turned me on.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011