News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GDP fell by 2.4% in 2009

Started by Admiral Yi, January 29, 2010, 06:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Wolf Blitzer told me.

I think I predicted 3% drop for the whole recession in Monger's prediction thread.  With 4Q 08 decline I'm probably pretty close.

Martinus

Poland's GDP grew by 1.7% in 2009.  :showoff:

Alcibiades

Quarter of a decimal point comparatively in GDP to us?  :lol:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on January 29, 2010, 06:56:56 PM
Poland's GDP grew by 1.7% in 2009.  :showoff:

An extra hunk of black bread a week!  :showoff:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

You know, you all really should at least center your hand if you're going to lift a barbell one handed. That method is just asking for injuries.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alatriste

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2010, 03:08:53 AM
You know, you all really should at least center your hand if you're going to lift a barbell one handed. That method is just asking for injuries.

Nah, with the hand centered you're asking for injuries. With the method shown you're guaranteeing them!

Regarding the original post, Yi is speaking as if we were already out of the loop and I very seriously doubt that. I think we should brace ourselves for a second round of pain...

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Alatriste on February 01, 2010, 02:50:18 AM
Regarding the original post, Yi is speaking as if we were already out of the loop and I very seriously doubt that. I think we should brace ourselves for a second round of pain...
The US has had two consecutive quarters of positive growth so technically any further contractions would constitute a brand new recession. :nerd:

Iormlund

Good for you. Spain is pretty much in free fall lately.

Though I'm doing quite well. I've got projects lined up for pretty much the whole year and just got another raise. :yeah:

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 07:34:29 AM
The US has had two consecutive quarters of positive growth so technically any further contractions would constitute a brand new recession. :nerd:

I believe we're going to have so-so growth this year followed by another recession next year.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 07:34:29 AM
The two quarter rule is a myth, recession is over when it's declared over, retrospectively.  Besides, at 10% unemployment, merely a tepid growth is disastrous, and unfortunately it looks like tepid growth is what's in store.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.