I need a gift for a ten year old boy - stat!

Started by Barrister, January 20, 2010, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2010, 09:38:17 AM

But I don't they are illegal, Cdn Tire sells BB guns (along with paintball markers & real fire arms).

That sentence got raped.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Replace don't with doubt and it's only statuatory rape, something you are use to.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 21, 2010, 01:10:10 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 21, 2010, 01:03:33 AM
he's in Yukon, so that's a pocket knife for them:

I received one of those Rambo knives as a gift when I was his age
I tried to buy one for myself, but the vendor wouldn't let me without parental consent.  I had to trick my father into coming with me.  My parents were not pleased.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2010, 10:24:25 AM
Replace don't with doubt and it's only statuatory rape, something you are use to.
he he

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2010, 10:20:50 AM
Except for their pail o' pucks that is.

Kind of hard to screw up a pail o' pucks. I suppose it *can* be done.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Korea

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2010, 10:24:25 AM
:face:
I want my mother fucking points!

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2010, 10:16:03 AM
The problem with Canadian Tire is that the quality of their products and service both tend to be quite low. To be honest, I'm not sure how they stay in business, other than the fact that everyone in Canada already has a little stack of that money that they issue sitting in a tin can in their garage.  :D

Where else are you going to buy a pail of pucks?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Sorry for being late with the title recommendation but you did well with Artemis Fowl.

Here is another suggestion for that age group.  Both the Cherub and Henderson Boy series by this author are hugely popular with my younger son (10) and all his friends:

http://www.muchamore.com/

Maximus

Quote from: Josephus on January 21, 2010, 09:29:49 AM
I'm not sure if those guns are even legal here (Canada). I could  be wrong but I think toy guns that look like the real thing are illegal. Of course, no one in CAnada knows what the real thing looks like gun laws are, cause no one here owns guns actually pays them any attention.  :P
fixed

As far as I know there are no laws regulating non-firearm guns, unless they arrived post-Cretien.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on January 21, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
I'm not sure if those guns are even legal here (Canada). I could  be wrong but I think toy guns that look like the real thing are illegal. Of course, no one in CAnada knows what the real thing looks like gun laws are, cause no one here owns guns actually pays them any attention.  :P
fixed

As far as I know there are no laws regulating non-firearm guns, unless they arrived post-Cretien.

No, I believe there are product safety laws that require toy guns to not look like real guns, usually by having some bright orange on them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on January 21, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
fixed

Quote"prohibited device" means
(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,
(b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,
(c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,
(d) a cartridge magazine that is prescribed to be a prohibited device, or
(e) a replica firearm;

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2010, 07:57:36 PM
Quote"prohibited device" means
(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,
(b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,
(c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,
(d) a cartridge magazine that is prescribed to be a prohibited device, or
(e) a replica firearm;
Was that part of bill C-68 or an older law? Either way my point stands about ignoring gun laws  :lol:

Barrister

CC beat me to it.  :angry:

He's quoting from s. 84(1) of the Criminal Code, which also defines a replica firearm.

No, I don't believe that's a new amendment.

crazy canuck

Not sure what Bill brought it in.  I just looked at the Definition section of PART III
FIREARMS AND OTHER WEAPONS