Main Menu

British humour at its finest

Started by Slargos, January 15, 2010, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Pat on January 18, 2010, 04:18:26 AM
Quote from: Scipio on January 16, 2010, 08:37:05 AM

I laugh at your retarded foreign laws.

This is the guy who thinks pushing someone out of a door is assault.
No, I think that it's a battery.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Brazen

Just to round off the perfect Daily Mail story, Romanians are also implicated in the death of Princess Diana. And squatters cause cancer.

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2010, 04:51:27 AM
In short, there are countless possible considerations and issues here that a common bobby (or derspiess) is neither prepared nor authorised to deal with. That's is why we have courts.

So you have a situation where one family is clearly the legal residents of the house, and another that had broken in & clearly doesn't belong there, and the police are supposed to just throw up their hands & leave it to however long it takes the legal system to figure it out?  I really can't imagine that happening, not where I live anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on January 16, 2010, 04:58:53 AM
Quote from: Strix on January 15, 2010, 05:21:34 PM
They should have been arrested.

Illegal immigrants FTW! They are our future!

They are not illegal immigrants, you retard. Speaking legally, they are an equivalent of Alabamans squatting in Manhattan.

Yeah, Alabaman gypsies who speak Romanian & almost no English :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on January 18, 2010, 09:40:58 AM
Just to round off the perfect Daily Mail story, Romanians are also implicated in the death of Princess Diana. And squatters cause cancer.

I KNEW IT!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gups

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2010, 09:43:07 AM
In short, there are countless possible considerations and issues here that a common bobby (or derspiess) is neither prepared nor authorised to deal with. That's is why we have courts.

So you have a situation where one family is clearly the legal residents of the house, and another that had broken in & clearly doesn't belong there, and the police are supposed to just throw up their hands & leave it to however long it takes the legal system to figure it out?  I really can't imagine that happening, not where I live anyway.

It doesn't take more than a day or two to get a possession order against squatters from the local court and another day or two to get them evicted by the court bailiff.

Unfortunately our policemen are not allowed to undertake judicial functions such as deciding who is entitled to occupy which property. Squatting is not, btw, a criminal offence provided there was no forced entry.

Pat

Quote from: Scipio on January 18, 2010, 09:19:01 AM

I meant Slargos, you solipsist.

Malthus

Quote from: Gups on January 18, 2010, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2010, 09:43:07 AM

It doesn't take more than a day or two to get a possession order against squatters from the local court and another day or two to get them evicted by the court bailiff.

Unfortunately our policemen are not allowed to undertake judicial functions such as deciding who is entitled to occupy which property. Squatting is not, btw, a criminal offence provided there was no forced entry.

I agree with the first part. Not the cop's job absent a court order to evict people.

I don't understand the last part. How does one gain access to someone elses' house without forced entry?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Gups

Generally speaking it's because they've left a window open.

Squatters hardly ever squat occupied buildings, because they'd be kicked out so quickly. They look for vacant places and then see if they can work out a way of getting into them without forcing entry.

grumbler

Quote from: Gups on January 18, 2010, 12:05:35 PM

Squatters hardly ever squat occupied buildings, because they'd be kicked out so quickly. They look for vacant places and then see if they can work out a way of getting into them without leaving evidence of forcing entry.
FTP
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Gups

Quote from: grumbler on January 18, 2010, 12:28:12 PM
Quote from: Gups on January 18, 2010, 12:05:35 PM

Squatters hardly ever squat occupied buildings, because they'd be kicked out so quickly. They look for vacant places and then see if they can work out a way of getting into them without leaving evidence of forcing entry.
FTP

Good fix.

Scipio

Quote from: Pat on January 18, 2010, 11:07:31 AM
Quote from: Scipio on January 18, 2010, 09:19:01 AM

I meant Slargos, you solipsist.
I'm no solipsist.  I'm a believer in the strong Scipionic principle of the universe.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt