Star Wars vs Star Trek - the ultimate nerd battle

Started by Barrister, January 05, 2010, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the better sci fi series: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars
33 (45.2%)
Star Trek
36 (49.3%)
I like to pretend I'm not a nerd (even though I post on languish)
4 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 70

katmai

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2010, 03:37:45 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2010, 03:36:36 AM
black vulcan  showering? I don't know what bootleg version they had over there, but I don't recall such a thing.

Maybe it was Tuvok?
:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Maybe not first episode but it did have that black-ish pointy-eared chick sonic showering. Fact.

Zanza

I like both ST and SW. I haven't seen either in years (except for the new pretty neat ST movie). I think SW is a bit better as it is more epic and I like that.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2010, 03:39:44 AM
Maybe not first episode but it did have that black-ish pointy-eared chick sonic showering. Fact.

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2010, 03:39:29 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2010, 03:37:45 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2010, 03:36:36 AM
black vulcan  showering? I don't know what bootleg version they had over there, but I don't recall such a thing.

Maybe it was Tuvok?
:lol:

:lol: a quick googling reveals it was actually third season, so I guess I started watching the series a bit too late :D

Tamas

Syt

She's about as black as you're European, Tamas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2010, 03:54:37 AM
She's about as black as you're European, Tamas.

no, she isn't super-black :P

And it was several years ago so I did not remember well :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on January 06, 2010, 03:31:18 AM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 06, 2010, 03:11:51 AM
Is Enterprise really that awful?  I saw maybe 2 or 3 episodes and it looked decent from what I remember.  I think that was the first season or two though.The concept seemed kind of cool, and Scott Bakula is still the man for Quantum Leap and cheers-ing Utica Club in the opening credits of the new show he's in.

Enterprise suffers from the basic problem of canon. It can't go outside it. It can't have something significant enough happen that might be "remembered" in one of the later series. So it had to create a secret hidden and banned part of the galaxy with a secret hidden and later extinct (iirc) alien species. Not good enough.

They didn't need to do anything hidden, tons of awesome shit happened during that time that we only know vague hints about.  You know, like the FORMATION OF THE FEDERATION AND THE ROMULAN WAR!!!!!111 WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE SEE THAT???? :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2010, 03:09:49 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 06, 2010, 03:04:53 AM
:rolleyes:

look at the goat herder aspiring to be a nerf herder.

I was actually shocked to learn that you and BB are such ST fans. I mean, I like you guys, and over here, a Trekkie is the lowest lifeform.

Pretty funny coming from somebody in a country where formal clothing is considered an Adidas track suit.

Warspite

Star Wars is fun (I deny the existence of the new three films) but Star Trek wins out.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA