Started by Neil, January 05, 2010, 09:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team do you hate more?

New England Patriots
Notre Dame Fighting Irish football
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox

Neil

Monkeybutt got me thinking.  There's good arguments for each.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

He's a Fighting Irish fan? Didn't notice.

I don't hate the Patriots per se, they just really really annoy me. That & I'm in their TV market, which pisses me off.

The Celtics, now I hate them, no reason other then the fact that they play 1) in Boston 2) Basketball.

The real team that I hate is the Bruins. Sure, Tim isn't much of Hockey fan but He'll bandwagon on that train the moment they have success.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I hate the Pats, I hate the Fighting Irish, and I loathe the current Celtics roster and Danny Ainge. The Red Sox are an abomination upon man.

Bruins have Satan on their team though, so they get a pass from me. And the 80's Celtics? Bird, Mchale, Parrish and DJ? :wub:

Fuck the Lakers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

The Patriots.

I like Notre Dame better than USC, Ohio St. or Michigan. Which doesn't say much, I suppose. But I don't hate them.

The NBA sucks, but the Celtics no more than the rest.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on January 05, 2010, 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2010, 09:17:03 AM
And the 80's Celtics? Bird, Mchale, Parrish and DJ? :wub:

Fuck the Lakers.

:hug:

L.

Notice I left out the shooting guard at the time, Danny Ainge.  :P

Neil

I added the Red Sox to the poll, as I had forgotten that in the US, baseball is considered a sport.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

One real sport and 3 boring non-sports.
Voted Pats.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Pedrito

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2010, 09:22:11 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on January 05, 2010, 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2010, 09:17:03 AM
And the 80's Celtics? Bird, Mchale, Parrish and DJ? :wub:

Fuck the Lakers.

:hug:

L.

Notice I left out the shooting guard at the time, Danny Ainge.  :P
I fell in love with the NBA because of that team;
and I *always* played Bird in EA's One On One on the C64  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

I liked Larry Bird because he was a Midwesterner and had a foul mouth on the court. Parrish because he just played and looked like he just ate a sour apple. McHale looked like an AIDS patient and was a black hole when he got the ball, but he could post up.

Plus the old Boston garden was rather neat, even though it was filled with a bunch of racist Boston crackers. Loathed the city, liked the team.

Fuck, I miss the 80's.  :(

Neil

See, it's a difficult question.  The Patriots have ascended to the highest levels through cheating and league connivance, and have leagues of bandwagoners.  Notre Dame hasn't been any good for over a decade, but legions of retards still ensure that they get tons of attention.  The Celtics play basketball, and nobody cares about them now that they don't have Larry Bird.  The Red Sox play baseball, and seem to have the ridiculous idea that winning a World Series was somehow a big deal and a historic event.

Darth Wagtaros

The Sox.  The broke my heart in October of 1986 and have done nothing to redeem themselves since.
PDH!

Josquius

Any of the plastic ones.
Fighting Irish sounds worse. And funny.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Why do you hate Football Jesus, Neil?  :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Patriots, but only because I hate the Yankees more than the BoTox.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.