News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Texas highschool basketball, 170-35

Started by jimmy olsen, January 06, 2010, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on January 06, 2010, 11:02:18 PM
My rule of thumb is that if I am officiating a game and you are up by a bunch and still pressing, you had better be very clean at it.

That's nice and right.

But I dont think the loser should act like it was their right to be less pwned. If anything, it is a disrespect toward your opponent to fight on "half steam"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on January 07, 2010, 05:02:52 AM
That's nice and right.

But I dont think the loser should act like it was their right to be less pwned. If anything, it is a disrespect toward your opponent to fight on "half steam"
There's a difference between waving your opponent on through to the basket and stopping a press, which has the effect of increasing tempo.

Admiral Yi

Hey Crazy Canuck, remember our discussion on the ethics of flopping in basketball?  The thought struck me the other day that you're a long dude so of course you're going to be opposed to flopping.  Taking a charge is the small man's weapon.

CountDeMoney

You wouldn't want to run up the score like that on a team I coached.
Kinda tough to play in national tournaments when your players are dealing with spleen issues and jaw fractures.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on January 06, 2010, 11:02:18 PM
My rule of thumb is that if I am officiating a game and you are up by a bunch and still pressing, you had better be very clean at it.

Good man.

QuoteThere's a difference between waving your opponent on through to the basket and stopping a press, which has the effect of increasing tempo.

Exactly.  Also, against an inferior team it also usually means that they turn the ball over a lot further running up the score.  Its the basketball equivalent of hitting someone when they are down.

QuoteHey Crazy Canuck, remember our discussion on the ethics of flopping in basketball?  The thought struck me the other day that you're a long dude so of course you're going to be opposed to flopping.  Taking a charge is the small man's weapon.

I hate floppers.   :mad:

One of the reasons is that when I took a charge it hurt like hell.  People pretending to take a charge are worse then Soccer players.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

This is kind of like in football, where a team is throwing the ball down the field in the 4th quarter up 42-3.

As an official, I won't ever make up a call. But the thing is, there are lots of calls that we pass on, so its not like I have to...oh look, another holding penalty!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on January 07, 2010, 12:27:28 PM
This is kind of like in football, where a team is throwing the ball down the field in the 4th quarter up 42-3.

This game was more like a team throwing the ball down field in the 2nd quarter up 42-3.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on January 07, 2010, 12:27:28 PM

As an official, I won't ever make up a call. But the thing is, there are lots of calls that we pass on, so its not like I have to...oh look, another holding penalty!
And that's why you could never be a college football official.  The entire point of college football is to teach poor sportsmanship in order to run up your rankings.

And here you get all snivelly when some guy sucker punches another guy after the game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.