Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Passes Defended/deflected :
Woodson: 18
Revis: 31

Revis is a shutdown corner who also had some picks and a td.  Woodson is simply an ok corner and a stat whore.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

I would have voted for Revis, but Woodson doesn't shame the award either. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on January 16, 2010, 03:37:09 PM
Nay, he does not.  However, I think Revis was the stronger candidate.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 16, 2010, 03:23:59 PM
Woodson put up flashy sats, becaus ehe plays the ball, not the player.  He got burned quite a few times doing so.  Revis on the other hand, simply shut everyone down who he was assigned to.  His stats might not have been as flashy as Woodson, but I'd say he had a more effective and game changing season.
We need a new stat to effectively decide who had a better year: routes jumped when there was safety help and routes jumped when there was no safety help. :nerd:

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 16, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 16, 2010, 03:37:09 PM
Nay, he does not.  However, I think Revis was the stronger candidate.
Voters love stats, which is why offensive linemen don't win major awards.  Looking at the Jets schedule, you have to give Revis for shutting down pretty much the best receivers in the AFC.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

sbr

Vince

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 16, 2010, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: Vince on January 15, 2010, 07:32:20 AM
Jets reported David Harris their top tackler on Defense should be 100% for the SD game after a twisted ankle.

In other news Darrelle Revis got screwed out of the Defensive MVP award.   <_<

How did he get screwed, Charles Woodson owned the league this year.

Woodson: 9 Int, 4 ff, 2 sacks, 3 tds
Revis: 6 int, 1 td

That's how it stacks up.

Cry baby.   <_<

Let's add some more stats...

As Judas already pointed out Revis had more passes defended than Woodson.

Stats Inc. records what it calls "burns," the number of times a defender allows a reception to the man he's covering. Stats Inc. then divides that by the number of times the defender is targeted to compute a "burn percentage," a stat in which Revis led the NFL.   

Revis: 40 receptions on 108 targets (37.0 percent) for 439 yards and two touchdowns.

Woodson: 40 receptions on 84 targets (47.6 percent) for 560 yards and six touchdowns.

Revis did that against Andre Johnson, Moss (twice), T.O. (twice), Colston, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne and OchoCinco. 

That's why I think he deserved Defensive MVP. 

Alcibiades

Those FF and int's for td's won games.  Jets suck  :P   Revis is great, don't get me wrong, but Woodson is out there winning games and leading the defense, and that's why he won the award.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 16, 2010, 04:47:16 PM
Those FF and int's for td's won games.  Jets suck  :P   Revis is great, don't get me wrong, but Woodson is out there winning games and leading the defense, and that's why he won the award.
The leadership thing is a good point.  Woodson provides veteran leadership to a very young, talented defence.  Revis is a shutdown corner, but doesn't yet have the presence and personality.  And he has the best strong safety in football putting fear into guys for him.

Warner is going to be pissed off that his ridiculously good throw is negated by poor ball security by the receiver.

Vince

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

The Cardinals better hope that Warner doesn't retire.

Neil

It's amazing watching all these NFC teams who don't know how to tackle, and will get raped by the AFC in the Superbowl because of it.

Admiral Yi

Awesome TD run by Bush.  Game is over.

Do we all agree that the Saints have the best uniforms in the league?