News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Neil on January 15, 2010, 02:46:09 PM
Why would anybody do that?  Junior went to the Patriots to win a Superbowl, but great justice was being done the Cheatriots by the time he got there.  And these days, the odds of New England winning another Superbowl in the next few years is nil.

They have a better chance than the Ravens in the next few years.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sophie Scholl

Do you aim to sounds like a moron when discussing football, or is it just a sad reflection on how out of touch with reality you are?  The Ravens have a shot at winning a Super Bowl in the next few weeks, let alone the next few years.  The Patriots, just like the Steelers, do not.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Strix

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 15, 2010, 05:25:16 PM
Do you aim to sounds like a moron when discussing football, or is it just a sad reflection on how out of touch with reality you are?  The Ravens have a shot at winning a Super Bowl in the next few weeks, let alone the next few years.  The Patriots, just like the Steelers, do not.

The Ravens have no realistic chance of winning the Superbowl this season nor do they have any chance of winning it in the next few years.

Only a moron would think otherwise.  Ray Rice is nice but without a decent QB to back him up he'll get shut down. Flacco has become Flake-O recently. It could be to injury or just inexperience but either way it means the end of the playoffs.

No, if Ray-Ray wants a Superbowl it will be with another team.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sophie Scholl

Well, it was definitely the amazing play of their QB that won them their first Super Bowl.  And Tampa Bay theirs.  And the Steelers second to last one.  But hey, you know better than I. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

If I was going to come up with a list of the top ten teams most likely to win a superbowl in the next 5 years I dare say both New England and Baltimore would be on that list. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Strix

Since you like playing the moron, I believe you answered the question on your own. It was their defenses that won them their Superbowls. I hate to break it to you but this Ravens defense isn't that good. Maybe if you knew something about football you'd understand that. Hell, if you just read what Neil and CdM posted about their own team you'd know that.

Manning will light them up and Flake-O won't have an answer. Rice will get his 100+ yards in a losing cause. See Chris Johnson or the Raiders if you are unable to comprehend why a dominant running back doesn't mean success in the NFL and why a pathetic QB means disaster.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 15, 2010, 05:25:16 PM

Sorry, Judas, but you've got to remember you're trying to engage in a coversation with a Pittsburgh mouthbreather.  Yuns.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Ravens are likely catching another break in regards to the officials for Saturday night's playoff game at Indianapolis.

Carl Cheffers' crew has called the least amount of pass interference penalties in the NFL this season. That group has thrown five flags for pass interference in 15 regular-season games.

That could be an important part of the game for the Ravens, who might have to defend between 30 to 35 passes from Colts quarterback Peyton Manning.

In fact, Cheffers' crew has called the fifth-fewest penalties this season (180). The most popular penalty with this group is holding (40 times).

Neil

Alright, so all they have to do is beat the Colts and they're on the all-star crews.  Which means they might get Hochuli!

I think the league mandated that Hochuli wear a bigger shirt.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I'm going to be a nervous wreck all day.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Vince

I hope Bill Simmons taint isn't greater than Beeb taint    :ph34r:

QuoteTheories in Play: Like with Vikes/Cowboys, the "Beware of teams that looked a little too good in Round 1" and "Don't overrate home-field advantage" theories cancel out. So let's go with the pure matchups: San Diego loves chucking the ball, can't run the ball and can't stop the run. The Jets love running the ball, suck at stopping the run and do a nice job against passing teams. Could they have picked a better Round 2 opponent? The stars have aligned for the J-E-T-S JetsJetsJETS.

(Insert sound of thousands of Jets fans screaming, "Nooooooooooooo! He picked us! KISS OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!" Well, you shouldn't have sent me so many taunting e-mails last weekend. Enjoy the Simmons stink.)

The Pick: Jets 20, Chargers 19.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Vince on January 15, 2010, 07:32:20 AM
Jets reported David Harris their top tackler on Defense should be 100% for the SD game after a twisted ankle.

In other news Darrelle Revis got screwed out of the Defensive MVP award.   <_<

How did he get screwed, Charles Woodson owned the league this year.

Woodson: 9 Int, 4 ff, 2 sacks, 3 tds
Revis: 6 int, 1 td

That's how it stacks up.

Cry baby.   <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Woodson put up flashy sats, becaus ehe plays the ball, not the player.  He got burned quite a few times doing so.  Revis on the other hand, simply shut everyone down who he was assigned to.  His stats might not have been as flashy as Woodson, but I'd say he had a more effective and game changing season.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 16, 2010, 03:23:59 PM
Woodson put up flashy sats, becaus ehe plays the ball, not the player.  He got burned quite a few times doing so.  Revis on the other hand, simply shut everyone down who he was assigned to.  His stats might not have been as flashy as Woodson, but I'd say he had a more effective and game changing season.

Stats added for effect.   ;)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain