News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Yeah....seriously Neil, you should probably recant that statement.   :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sophie Scholl

I back Neil.  Anyone but Favre at this point.  I'd support the Vikings if Favre was paralyzed and ended up like Christopher Reeve or Stephen Hawking.  Death would make him a legend and a martyr, and I will have none of it.  As is, I'm backing the 'Boys over the Vikings.  Hod willing, the Saints or Cards are the NFC Champion, hopefully the Saints.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Oher and Gaither versus Freeney and Mathis showdown is one of the major story lines of the week, even though Gaither (ankle) did not practice Wednesday and was clearly bothered by the injury during practice Thursday. He did not look like someone who would be ready to play in two days.

In other NFL news, the Pittsburgh Steelers are doing nothing this weekend.

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 15, 2010, 04:12:01 AM
I back Neil.  Anyone but Favre at this point.  I'd support the Vikings if Favre was paralyzed and ended up like Christopher Reeve or Stephen Hawking.  Death would make him a legend and a martyr, and I will have none of it.  As is, I'm backing the 'Boys over the Vikings.  Hod willing, the Saints or Cards are the NFC Champion, hopefully the Saints.
Yep.  Both the Saints and the Cardinals are honourable teams.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Why you don't go to road games in Boston:

Quote"Sitting in the stands at New England was surreal. Nobody believed what was happening. After a few minutes, the Patriots fans went numb. They actually forgot how to insult us."
Afterward, when the Guys returned to their purple van, they found that it had been spat upon and Ravens decals torn off.

"Two mounted policemen were standing guard over it when we got there," he said.

Grey Fox

A Team worse then the Cowboys? The motherfucking Eagles. Sure they haven't won anything but god are they annoying with their damn Love-hate relationship with their black QB.

Go Vikes. Favre for President!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 15, 2010, 07:08:43 AM
but god are they annoying with their damn Love-hate relationship with their black QB.

No shit.  Philly fans and McNabb are a microcosm of race relations in America.  ZOMG CAN WE RECONCILE

Vince

Jets reported David Harris their top tackler on Defense should be 100% for the SD game after a twisted ankle.

In other news Darrelle Revis got screwed out of the Defensive MVP award.   <_<

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:56:00 AM
Why you don't go to road games in Boston:

Quote"Sitting in the stands at New England was surreal. Nobody believed what was happening. After a few minutes, the Patriots fans went numb. They actually forgot how to insult us."
Afterward, when the Guys returned to their purple van, they found that it had been spat upon and Ravens decals torn off.

"Two mounted policemen were standing guard over it when we got there," he said.

I wear neutral colors wherever I go for a road game, unless I have to actually do something to help out.  I've been hassled at Ravens, Eagles, Giants, and Steelers games, but nothing compares to the treatment we got when we were trying to leave the last Browns game before they pulled up stakes & moved to Baltimore.

Semi-related, what's the deal with the random fans you see all geared up at an NFL game, wearing a jersey, hat, etc. for a team that is not playing there that day?  There's one guy who must have season tickets to Bungles games but is always decked out in Titans stuff.  I've also seen that at other stadiums.  Makes them look like they are expecting to see their team play.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2010, 12:32:34 PM
Makes them look like they are expecting to see their team play.

Perhaps they are.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:44:17 AM

Not quite true. The World Famous Pittsburgh Steelers are polishing their six Superbowl trophies. And, of course, tuning in this weekend to watch Ray-Ray do his pathetic little dance that's all he has left of a once great career. I can''t wait until he pulls a Junior and brings his dance to new England for the last 4-5 years of his career.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

sbr

Quote from: Strix on January 15, 2010, 02:01:03 PM
I can''t wait until he pulls a Junior and brings his dance to new England for the last 4-5 years of his career.

:lol:

That would be the best thing to ever happen.

Barrister

Semi-related, what's the deal with the random fans you see all geared up at an NFL game, wearing a jersey, hat, etc. for a team that is not playing there that day?  There's one guy who must have season tickets to Bungles games but is always decked out in Titans stuff.  I've also seen that at other stadiums.  Makes them look like they are expecting to see their team play.

I've seen it happen at the Grey Cup, but at least then it makes sense since the fans probably bought their tickets months ago before even knowing who was going to be playing.  It's more a festival of the CFL than it is a game between the two specific teams.

But at a regular game?  Nah doesn't make sense.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Synergy.

Neil

Quote from: Strix on January 15, 2010, 02:01:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:44:17 AM
Not quite true. The World Famous Pittsburgh Steelers are polishing their six Superbowl trophies. And, of course, tuning in this weekend to watch Ray-Ray do his pathetic little dance that's all he has left of a once great career. I can''t wait until he pulls a Junior and brings his dance to new England for the last 4-5 years of his career.
Why would anybody do that?  Junior went to the Patriots to win a Superbowl, but great justice was being done the Cheatriots by the time he got there.  And these days, the odds of New England winning another Superbowl in the next few years is nil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.