News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2010, 01:30:16 AM
As long as Kraft owns the team, the Pats will be competitive.

Without Pioli the Pats are screwed. 

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 11:11:07 PM
If fan interest is any gauge, there could be some troubled times ahead for the Patriots. They struggled to sell tickets for a wild-card game, as many fans generally saw no point in investing in what ultimately would be a lost cause, with a Patriots' victory sending them to San Diego in the divisional round. There were plenty of empty seats, a rarity for any game, let alone a playoff contest, at Gillette Stadium.

After Willis McGahee ran for a touchdown to make it 33-14 with 10:32 left, a mass exodus began. If this was, indeed, the end of a dynasty, there was nothing sentimental about its departure. This crowd showed no desire to offer any special thanks for all of the great achievements of the past.
Typical Boston sportsfans.

"Oh, our team sucks?  That's alright.  I was never really a fan of them anyways.  Go Colts!"
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Reading Seedy and Neil's posts provides a lot of useful insight into the jihadist mind.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2010, 06:40:21 AM

Which team has the 24th ranked run defense in the NFL, and is the only 4-3 defense left in the playoffs?  Which team was dead last in rushing in 2009?
And, while Payton is still Payton, the Colts needed 7 4th quarter come-from-behinds to win games this year.

There is no fear.

Except for when Monkeybutt is synergizing for his little gay assmuffin posterboy, Dallas Clark.

Dallas Clark is awesome.

http://ebaumnation.com/2009/11/24/dallas-clark-is-awesome

Ahem.

In other news, I'm looking into seeing if I can snag some tickets at Lucas oil stadium. I think the Ravens vs Colts would be an awesome game to watch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 03:06:28 AM
Sbr, you ignorant slut.

It really does start with ownerships, then
GM and HC.

For every Daniel Snyder  and to lesser extent Jerry Jones (who think they know more about football so meddle too much) you have the Rooneys in Pittsburgh, Eddie D in San Francisco, Kraft in New England and others like Ralph Wilson in Buffalo who are smart enough to bring in qualified GM's and coaches.

And in turn they are able to sniff out the talent, Tom Brady might be a heck of a QB, but he's only as good as his complementary cast.

I am late for work so I will have to make this quick, but you mentioned the Rooneys, who are the best owners in pro sports in my opinion.  They have owned the team for ~77 years.  They have won 6 Super Bowls during the 19 years Bradshaw or Roethlisberger played QB and none in the other 58 years.

Neil

If you try and put the Steelers' 2005 Superbowl on Roethlisberger, I'll have you killed.  Also, nobody won any Superbowls for the first 33 of those 58 years.

Besides:  Trent Dilfer.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

By the way after my masterful prognostication last weekend, I'm going to beat the rush and make my picks for the divisional round.

Chargers over Jets
Colts over Ravens
Vikings over Cowboys
Saints over Cardinals

I believe history shows that the team with the bye has a significant edge in terms of winning percentage.  If there was going to be an upset it wil be Saints / Cardinals, but I don't think there will be.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Chargers over Jets
Ravens over Colts
Cowgirls over Vikings
Saints over Cardinals
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 02:32:09 PM
By the way after my masterful prognostication last weekend, I'm going to beat the rush and make my picks for the divisional round.

Chargers over Jets
Colts over Ravens
Vikings over Cowboys
Saints over Cardinals

I believe history shows that the team with the bye has a significant edge in terms of winning percentage.  If there was going to be an upset it wil be Saints / Cardinals, but I don't think there will be.

Ugh more BeebTaint, at least the Ravens win I guess.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 02:32:09 PM

Chargers over Jets
Colts over Ravens
Vikings over Cowboys
Saints over Cardinals

Ugh more BeebTaint, at least the Ravens win I guess.

:blurgh:

ulmont

You guys are optimistic about the Saints, considering the Cardinals put up 51 yesterday.

Valmy

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:41:02 PM
You guys are optimistic about the Saints, considering the Cardinals put up 51 yesterday.

I am optimistic about the Saints because the Cardinals gave up 45.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:41:02 PM

That's the thing about the wild card round.  By the way it works, the team without the bye has won the week against a reasonably good team.  The team with the bye on the otherhand didn't play at all, and has probably been coasting the last couple weeks.  In this "what have you done for me lately" world that means a lot of people are picking the visitor.

The Saints have been dominant most of the year, with perhap's this year's best QB.  The Cards often don't travel well either.

crazy canuck

Chargers over Jets
Ravens over Colts
Vikings over Cowboys
Cardinals over Saints

The toughest call is the Cowboys.  Good D the last few games but they were playing an over hyped Phillies team.  Saints defence isnt good enough to stop the Cards and the offence cant put those kinds of numbers up.

Ravens dont have to worry about the run against the Colts and so they will just go after Manning.  The Colt's pass rush wont have any effect against the Ravens because the Ravens aren't going to be passing.

The Jets had their time in the sun.  Time to come crashing back to earth in a blow out. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 02:46:41 PM
The Saints have been dominant most of the year, with perhap's this year's best QB.  The Cards often don't travel well either.

The Saints have been lucky most of the year.  A lot of their close games could easily have gone the other way.  Plus they stunk it up in the last month of the season.