News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 11, 2010, 08:41:17 AM

In other news, I'm looking into seeing if I can snag some tickets at Lucas oil stadium. I think the Ravens vs Colts would be an awesome game to watch.

Apparently impossible to score free tickets for this one.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 02:46:41 PM
The Saints have been dominant most of the year

Except, you know, the last 3 games in a row.

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 02:50:18 PM
The Saints have been lucky most of the year.  A lot of their close games could easily have gone the other way.  Plus they stunk it up in the last month of the season.

Yeah.  On the other hand, they did kick the shit out of the Patriots, and came back from down 24-3 against Miami.

crazy canuck

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:55:41 PM
The Saints have been lucky most of the year.  A lot of their close games could easily have gone the other way.  Plus they stunk it up in the last month of the season.

Yeah.  On the other hand, they did kick the shit out of the Patriots, and came back from down 24-3 against Miami.

I am not saying they dont deserve to be in the playoffs.  But they are far from the dominant team their record might lead someone to believe.

Strix

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 02:55:41 PM

Defense wins Championships. The Saints haven't proven that they can play good defense.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on January 11, 2010, 03:12:20 PM
Defense wins Championships. The Saints haven't proven that they can play good defense.

They have, however, proven they play bad defense.  But they will beat the Cards anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2010, 03:13:00 PM

They have, however, proven they play bad defense.  But they will beat the Cards anyway.

Its official, Valmy and BB agree the Cards will lose.  Time to bet the farm on the Cards. :D

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 03:14:59 PM
Its official, Valmy and BB agree the Cards will lose.  Time to bet the farm on the Cards. :D

While I am flattered mine only works on soccer.  I did, however, think Green Bay would win so you might want to go ahead and call your bookie :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 11, 2010, 03:13:00 PM

We're gonna be rich!!!   :w00t:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

ulmont

The matchup looks pretty even, with a slight defense edge to the Cardinals.  The Saints at one point this season had the most takeaways of any NFL team, and finished the season with 39 just behind Green Bay's 40.

...of course, you saw how well that worked out for GB.

ulmont

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 11, 2010, 03:30:46 PM
Chargers, Ravens, Saints, Cowboys.

I am intrigued by your picks and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: ulmont on January 11, 2010, 03:43:19 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 11, 2010, 03:30:46 PM
Chargers, Ravens, Saints, Cowboys.

I am intrigued by your picks and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
:lol:  Tuesday Morning Quarterback fueled logic more or less. 

AFC - The Chargers are the better team, though I don't seem them making it to the big game due to the inevitable Norving influence of things, or at the least not winning it.  The Ravens are coming off of a big win with no major injuries sustained.  The Colts will come out cold after almost a month off for their top dogs.  Even consumate professionals need time to get the motor going again after that long.  With their defense finally clicking and their running game able to eat up clock I like the Ravens chances to keep Manning on the bench for as much time as possible and secure a win.

NFC - The Vikings are due for some more meltdown time as Chilly and The Ego continue to clash.  If things start getting close, they'll collapse as a team and fragment I think.  AD has been garbage for the past 2 months almost, and Favre refuses to admit he makes mistakes, but it's the fault of everyone else.  The Cowboys are riding two dominant performances in a row, and their defense is finally showing signs it can stop people.  Romo has been steady, and the power of their run game combined with their nice passing threats make for some nice offensive firepower.  The Cards looked nice yesterday, but f their defense can't hold the Saints, I like the Saints in a shootout.  The Saints have the better running game and with Boldin persona non gratis, the Cards have limited their offensive power.  It should be a big shootout, but as usually happens, it'll probably end up a slugfest with a low score just to prove everyone wrong.  Either way, I like the Saints running game and Will Smith.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

I actually think that the Jets match up well against the Chargers.  If there's one thing that the Chargers have shown over the last couple of years, it's that if a sufficiently ferocious defence belts them in the mouth, they fold.  The Chargers offence isn't so unstoppable that the Jets can't do it, and their D isn't so strong that they can sweep aside the Jets.

I think that both the top seeds in the AFC would rather have seen the Bengals and Patriots come to town.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.