And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Quote from: sbr on January 11, 2010, 12:17:55 AM
What a crazy ending to a crazy game.   :lol:

I think the Cards got screwed by having only 6 days rest before they play again but I like their chances against the Saints.  Even if they do lose I think this win legitimizes their last two years.  They may play in a shitty division, but they are a very good team.  It definitely strengthens Warner's HoF credentials too; name a better play-off QB in the last decade.

Probably Brady.   :x :hide:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

As long as Kraft owns the team, the Pats will be competitive.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2010, 01:30:16 AM

Why, do they own the refs to?  lololololol

:blush:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2010, 01:30:16 AM

A good owner is a prerequisite for a good team, but a good owner does not make a good team.  I have a feeling we might all feel differently about Daniel Snyder if his GM had lucked into Tom Brady in the 6th round of a draft.

IMO, the most important pieces to a successful team

QB
Head Coach
GM
Owner
Other riff-raff

Sophie Scholl

Offensive Line/Defensive Line
Other riff-raff
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 11, 2010, 02:42:20 AM
Other riff-raff

All you need is Berry Sanders.

Tamas

I fell asleep at the end of the 3rd quarter of the Packers-Cardinals game. Too bad, altough at least I got 5 hours of sleep before coming to work

katmai

Sbr, you ignorant slut.

It really does start with ownerships, then
GM and HC.

For every Daniel Snyder  and to lesser extent Jerry Jones (who think they know more about football so meddle too much) you have the Rooneys in Pittsburgh, Eddie D in San Francisco, Kraft in New England and others like Ralph Wilson in Buffalo who are smart enough to bring in qualified GM's and coaches.

And in turn they are able to sniff out the talent, Tom Brady might be a heck of a QB, but he's only as good as his complementary cast.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 02:59:47 AM
Other riff-raff

All you need is Berry Sanders.
And how many Super Bowl rings does Barry have?  Exactly.  Owner is negligible unless they're a bad owner.  Head coach is negligible unless they're a bad one as well.  Moderately ok ones have as much of a chance as good ones I'd say in either case.  It all rests on the lines.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 11, 2010, 03:19:27 AM
And how many Super Bowl rings does Barry have?  Exactly.

And how many Super Bowl rings does Dan Marino have? EXACTLY.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 12:32:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 11:32:09 PM
Honestly: how well will the Colts perform next week with the first team offense and defense getting practically a month off?  Any guesses?

Answer: Very well.

Which team has the 24th ranked run defense in the NFL, and is the only 4-3 defense left in the playoffs?  Which team was dead last in rushing in 2009?
And, while Payton is still Payton, the Colts needed 7 4th quarter come-from-behinds to win games this year.

There is no fear.

Except for when Monkeybutt is synergizing for his little gay assmuffin posterboy, Dallas Clark.

Vince

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 03:22:01 AM
BUT THE HIGHLIGHT REELS!!111  :D

I still make fun of a few Jets fans who told me four years ago drafting Leinhart was a no miss pick for NY and he'd shatter records.   ;)

Neil

Other riff-raff
Yeah, but the owner, GM and head coach set the lines.  Also, the offensive line is slightly more important than the defensive line, due to the fact that the d-line has linebackers to help them out, especially in the 3-4.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

This is great, we almost get the chance for a Jets vs Vikings Conference championship.

I mean Super Bowl, cause you know, that makes sense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.