News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Next Sunday I'll need to start 30 minutes later, since I won't be home before then (of course Kat will oversleep anyway so it's a moot point). And no I don't want ulmont to sub for me, he'll go annexing Bhutan or something. :P

katmai

Alcibiades

SBR- if you're interested in coming back I can take a look at Sweden and maybe fix it up a bit since Kleves killed off some colonies...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 11, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
maybe fix it up a bit since Kleves killed off some colonies...
Nah, I didn't take anything from them. I only took back the colony they had taken from me.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on April 11, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
And berkut i will crush your pathetic Cossack ass next weekend.

You know at this point, it is simply the principle of the thing.

The Russians are relegated to ass. They get shit, and are expected to like it. "Go colonize Siberia, while the rest of the players divide up the valuable parts of the world!". Let them eat cake!

Siberia sucks ass, but at least it is ours. But that isn't enough for you, oh no. Gold provinces in SA. Tobacco, spices, coffee, all this uber wealthy provinces out there that Portugal gets, but that isn't good enough, you have to come and take whatever piece of shit province in Siberia you can lay your little hands on as well.

Well, fuck that. Bring it Portugese scum. I got nothing better to do than kill your troops, that is for sure. You were nice enough to come shit in my backyard, where at least I can use the one advantage that I do have - more troops than I can possibly ever use.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

I can't help it if your backwards ass wasn't even near the coast when my glorious troops landed and founded our colonies.

Ya silly Russian.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on April 11, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
Sbr and all

thanks for playing Portugal, I'm stuck writig this from my iPhone 3g as my Internet has been down since last night.

Bitched out the provider to no avail.
And berkut i will crush your pathetic Cossack ass next weekend.

Hopefully you aren't too upset with me putting King Pedro to the guillotine pasture and declaring the country a Republic.  I am sure it was the right decision but as a temp sub it never should have been my decision to make.

Other than that I didn't do anything all that exciting.  Colonized a bit, annexed Kongo, started upgrading the fleet (some of those 200 year old caravels were looking a bit rickety :P), built some buildings, supported France in their ill-fated war on France.  You know the usual for Portugal.  Feel free to ask any questions, privately or otherwise.

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 11, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
SBR- if you're interested in coming back I can take a look at Sweden and maybe fix it up a bit since Kleves killed off some colonies...

I will think about it, I would like to play but Sweden was pretty dicey before this session.  Now with only 100 years left I am not sure it would be enough fun to be worth it.  I will know in a couple of days if I am available next Sunday morning and I will make a decision then.

With 3 or 4 sessions left do you all think another game might start up or will people want a break?

katmai

France fighting France? As for ships yeah I had planned on upgrades this session so it's all good.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on April 12, 2010, 12:07:24 AM
France fighting France? As for ships yeah I had planned on upgrades this session so it's all good.

We were Portugal.

Solmyr

Quote from: sbr on April 12, 2010, 12:00:44 AM
supported France in their ill-fated war on France

He supported Spain and Britain really. Well, "supported". :P

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on April 12, 2010, 12:06:36 AM
With 3 or 4 sessions left do you all think another game might start up or will people want a break?

I plan on keeping at it and playing again.  Not sure about everyone else.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien