News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on February 28, 2010, 09:41:13 PM
Can someone explain inflation to me, as far as the game is concerned anyway?

I don't really see how it works, or what the levers on it are - but I do note that both Austria and France have a zero inflation.

I can try and explain it...but would only betray my ignorance on the subject :P

Higher inflation means all research takes longer, and minting money/events and gold producing provinces are biggest reason for inflation.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

I've never played Spain before in EU3, what kind of events will I be facing in regards to inflation, gold, stagnation, bankruptcy, etc. ?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Kleves

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 28, 2010, 11:10:17 PM
I've never played Spain before in EU3, what kind of events will I be facing in regards to inflation, gold, stagnation, bankruptcy, etc. ?
I don't think there are any events specific to Spain; just watch your inflation like you would with any nation (especially because you will have a lot of gold producing provinces).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 28, 2010, 11:10:17 PM

At your size, I don't think you're actually garnering any inflation due to gold.  The problem arises when Spain, fresh out of the 1492 gate, conquers both the Inca and the Aztecs and gets all their gold provinces at once, which can cause inflation.  Due to how many provinces you have, I don't think you're actually getting any.

The only thing you have to worry about is technological stagnation due to the sheer number of provinces you got at one time.  I think you'll be hurting in comparison to the smaller, yet richer of us.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I suggest (if not too late) for all MPers to save a separate copy of their EU3 folder before applying teh patch, just in case.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on March 01, 2010, 02:35:33 AM
I suggest (if not too late) for all MPers to save a separate copy of their EU3 folder before applying teh patch, just in case.

Solmyr

Solmyr

Now that I'm really getting into the game, I'm learning a lot about the underlying mechanics (yesterday I learned that 3000 latin infantry can slaughter 20000 Indians without taking a scratch :P). Maybe Habs can give us some strategy pointers about country management, since he seems to be the master? ;)

Solmyr

Solmyr

Also, when we install the new patch, we should make sure we all either have or don't have the fixed French missions file (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10833259#post10833259), which changes the checksum.

Berkut

I was a little dissapointed in Russia income - seems like I increased a bit, but that is likely mostly a result of simply taking more territory, rather than actually improving the internal running of the empire.

Westerniaztion is still, at a minimum, two or three more slider shifts away, so several decades.

Russia will continue to be the 800lb gorilla that cant get itself to stand up and walk in a straight line, and hence is no threat to the "real" powers in the game. I did beat up on that Danish invasion though! Go me!

I think it is likely time to start re-building the Imperial Army though - I slashed it from nearly 100k men to about half that. Fighting these revolts with show string armies has been rather annoying, although it has mostly worked. My concern is Sweden - if they attack, I could be in a lot of trouble.

Of course, if Austria decides to come after me, or the Ottomans, I am just totally fucked, but I don't think either of them have much to gain by that, since they both are probably hoping I might check the other at some point. Why beat up the guy in last place who has no idea what he is doing anyway?

Pointers are appreciated. I certainly do appreciate all the advice I've gotten so far.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, who is playing what now?

France - Habbaku
Austria - Kleves
England - Solmyr
Spain - Alcy
Ottoman - Tamas
Portugal - katmai
Russia - Berkut

Is that right?

0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Berk you'll be fine.  Once you start getting upgrades in your provinces and start converting everything will fall into place.  I was making a good deal of money and the amount I was getting at the end of the year was nearly 600 or so by 1530 in our other mp game when I was Russia, just takes some reforms and patience is all.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 01, 2010, 02:19:20 PM
Berk you'll be fine.  Once you start getting upgrades in your provinces and start converting everything will fall into place.  I was making a good deal of money and the amount I was getting at the end of the year was nearly 600 or so by 1530 in our other mp game when I was Russia, just takes some reforms and patience is all.

600! Holy crap!

I was not aware that converting effected income. So much I don't know about this game.

I *just* moved my national focus toa new area, so I coudl continue land reforming. TOO BAD I DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT THE EFFING WEIGHTS AND MEASURES ND THAT REQUIRES YOUR FOCUS TO BE AT THE CAPITAL!!

:bleeding: x10

That is the kind of crap that annoys me. Habs is all "Dude, why haven't you done the weights and measures ND? You should do that! OH WAIT YOU CANT FOR ANOTHER 30 YEARS BECAUSE YOU JUST MOVED YOUR FOCUS! :lmfao:"

Why doesn't it show up as a ND anyway, with a pre-req not fulfilled, so I would know it was an option?

grumble, grumble, grumble.

0 rows returned