News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
I can't believe you guys are buying the whole "oh I'm a total newb, please give me a break" line from Berkut.   :ph34r:

Yes, my clever plan to never play the game so as to lull them into a sense of complacency is working perfectly!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 25, 2010, 05:50:21 PM
I can't believe you guys are buying the whole "oh I'm a total newb, please give me a break" line from Berkut.   :ph34r:

I figure he was the worst hunter and was carried in WoW by his guild, so can believe his line...

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

What version of the game are you guys playing? (this "new" paradox thing of charging for patches has thrown me off lol)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Heir to the Throne.

It really is incredibly fun. I mean the SP is - hopefully the MP will be as well.

0 rows returned

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
Switch Russia's Merchant Adventures NI to National Bank
He's changing Military Drill, not Merchant Adventures, right?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
Given the choice, I would ditch Merchants for National Bank.
If that is not acceptable, I would ditch MD for NB.

Quote from: Habbaku
Tamas has ultimate veto on whether to do the NI switch.

I don't know, Kleves, you tell me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on February 25, 2010, 11:44:39 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2010, 06:49:54 PM
Switch Russia's Merchant Adventures NI to National Bank
He's changing Military Drill, not Merchant Adventures, right?

Nice try, he wanted to switch merchant adventures for national bank, but if that was not acceptable then he wanted to switch military drill for national bank instead.

If I were Tamas I'd insist on the MD not the MA
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2010, 11:52:14 PM
I don't know, Kleves, you tell me.
I didn't think we were giving him the choice.  :P
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Tamas

Yeah I wont mind the merchant adventures change. Just tell me what to change where.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on February 26, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
Yeah I wont mind the merchant adventures change. Just tell me what to change where.

In the save game search for capital=295, assuming Moskva is the capital of Russia.
Search for inflation to change that
Search for legitimacy and the next line down will be the start of the National Idea section.  Delete whatever you are getting rid of and add national_bank=yes

Berkut

Last request:

Can we run the game paused or very slow for a few minutes when we start, so I can get a bunch of adminstrative stuff sorted out without 48 popups about this army and that army and whoever went and got a new merchant or whatever?

Hell, can I run the save game paused myself, take care of my admin and such, and then just save it? I don't actually know how the mechanics of MP work.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2010, 12:13:14 PM
Last request:

Can we run the game paused or very slow for a few minutes when we start, so I can get a bunch of adminstrative stuff sorted out without 48 popups about this army and that army and whoever went and got a new merchant or whatever?

Hell, can I run the save game paused myself, take care of my admin and such, and then just save it? I don't actually know how the mechanics of MP work.

Your settings regarding windows and messages should remain the same despite playing in MP

katmai

Berkie, we normally start at speed 2 at start to make sure we are all in sync. So I'm sure we can keep it at that or even speed 1 while getting things In order as long as you don take like 30 mins :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on February 26, 2010, 01:24:14 PM
Berkie, we normally start at speed 2 at start to make sure we are all in sync. So I'm sure we can keep it at that or even speed 1 while getting things In order as long as you don take like 30 mins :p

Nah, I've kind of created a little checklist of things to do, actually. Should be ok.

0 rows returned