News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

And Odds are good I'll miss the 14th.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Berkut

Holy crap, Russia is fucking HUGE!

OK - what does it mean that I have a Crusade against Astrakhan?

It seems like my war exhaustion is insanely high. How bad is that? Kinda bad, or HOLYSHITENDTHEWARSRIGHTNOW bad?

Finally...wtf is the deal with the Ottomans having Crimea as a freaking Vassal? That is unacceptable!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Am.enjoying.thread

Carry on.  If my Eu3 re-re-re-install didn't BSD my computer, even I would be tempted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alcibiades

We could always use another.  Use that teacher pay and get a new computer....or steal one.  :cheers:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on February 24, 2010, 10:13:04 PM
Holy crap, Russia is fucking HUGE!

And broke.  Their inflation is high, their merchants isolated in Novgorod and their army/navy way too large to sustain.  I suggest taking the hatchet to their military and getting their finances in order ASAP.  That includes straightening their Stability (currently +1), then immediately switching out the Merchant Adventures National Idea for National Bank to get the inflation reined in.  On top of that, you need to Westernise whenever you're capable of doing so.  Judging by your heir's stats (8-7-8!) it won't be long before you can.  Just be prepared for the Stab hits, among other things...

QuoteOK - what does it mean that I have a Crusade against Astrakhan?

It means that they are of a foreign religion than your own (IE, Muslim--you won't get Crusades against other Christians), and that any war with them will only incur a 1 Infamy point-per-province rather than the usual 4 for taking non-core territory.  Easy way to expand to the historical borders, in other words--and you'll notice that you have one against Sibir and Nogai, as well.  I recommend knocking them around when you get the chance.

QuoteIt seems like my war exhaustion is insanely high. How bad is that? Kinda bad, or HOLYSHITENDTHEWARSRIGHTNOW bad?

It's nearer the latter rather than the former.  Ending the wars you have and bringing your WE under control is of the utmost priority.

QuoteFinally...wtf is the deal with the Ottomans having Crimea as a freaking Vassal? That is unacceptable!

France endorses this line of thinking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

I'd think maybe very very small edits to help Russia out a bit, note that I haven't looked at the save though.

Habbaku

I think if Berkut is serious about playing then I'd be fine with some edits.  -5% inflation and a couple of free slider changes, for example.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I think I am serious - with the caveat that I am a dad, so things will come up from time to time - birthdays, etc., etc.

Mrs. Berkut seems not overly thrilled, but accepting.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Acceptance is all we ask.  Understanding would be nice, but is unnecessary.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I am fine with inflation edit, less so with slider changes.

And altough I am a bit worried about France's newfound zeal to bring us down -does not speak too high of their diplomatic abilities- Crime was an Ottoman vassal from gamestart, and I consider that more of a strain than a benefit, so for adequate compensation I am willing to take the prestige hit of leaving them to their own demise.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2010, 02:16:03 AM
And altough I am a bit worried about France's newfound zeal to bring us down -does not speak too high of their diplomatic

ALLY OR ELSE

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2010, 02:49:14 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2010, 02:16:03 AM
And altough I am a bit worried about France's newfound zeal to bring us down -does not speak too high of their diplomatic

ALLY OR ELSE

Ah, the Slargos school of diplomacy. LOL Can I be: Ragequit?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

TO be honest, I was mostly kidding about the Crimea - I just noticed they were on my border and vassalized. I don't actually know if that is bad for me or not - certainly I don't think Russia is in any state to be taking on any new wars for a while.

How can I check the sliders without actually having one to change? The only way I have managed to ever see the slider interface is by clicking on the little banner when I can make a change.

What is this editing you guys are talking about anyway? Can you just manually change a save game? Less inflation certainly seems good. A slider change or two would likely be useful, since I doubt the AI has made sane choices there - I am guessing there is some semi-historical script it follows?

Also - Westernizing. Habs mentioned that - could someone explain what that really means? I saw that it comes with a -5 stab hit - that is insane. Am I just going to get raped the moment I press that button?

0 rows returned

Berkut

If we can edit the save files, can I just pick what national ideas I would like to have for Russia?

Or would that be too unfair?

0 rows returned