News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

That's what you get for living in Europe.....with the host oddly enough.  Internet is probably slow from your government scanning and logging everything you say and do.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 10, 2010, 06:34:58 PM
I was planning on writing my summary tonight, when I had more time.

As for the speed issue, Tamas asked if it was OK to raise the speed to 4 (from 3, not from 2) and I was the only one that responded.  You then proceeded to whine an entire 15 minutes later about it.  So, maybe pay attention to in-game chat rather than just AFKing?

I didn't notice because I was hip deep in popups, revolts, hostile sieges, maneuvering, war declarations.  :rolleyes:

Who the fuck decided to make the chat text white and in the middle of the screen anyway? My brain does the smart thing and just filters that shit out.

As for my possibly slight exaggerations, I will go ahead and claim artistic license.  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on January 10, 2010, 06:43:03 PM
Who the fuck decided to make the chat text white and in the middle of the screen anyway? My brain does the smart thing and just filters that shit out.

Don't blame me when you're diplomatically isolated due to ignoring messages, then.  :P

I don't blame you, though.  The text took a bit of getting used to, especially as it changes position whenever certain screens (like province summaries) are opened up.  It's pretty crude, but definitely better than using Steam's chat non-stop, unless we were to do voice chat.  Not sure how well that'd work out for the Euros, but it'd be fine for me and Katmai, I think.

Lastly, I think the board now recognizes the power of Austria and will make attempts to hem them in, especially as Milan is now quite clearly threatened.  It may end up taking a coalition of the Turks, Spain and Milan to pare them down a bit.  However, I would be concerned about the French as well--Tamas did a pretty good job of decking Burgundy and annexing his minors this time around and has the majority of France tucked away safely.  Since Kleves didn't seem all that interested in preventing France from growing, I didn't particularly care myself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

With the outside help of last session, France has been able to unify much earlier than usual..... :secret:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 10, 2010, 06:35:40 PM
That's what you get for living in Europe.....with the host oddly enough.  Internet is probably slow from your government scanning and logging everything you say and do.

You think you're joking, but really, IPRED pretty much means just that.

For instance, if I were to state that I saw a story on Al qaida the other day, and that I'm planning on taking a leak later, after I've decided how to best go about blowing up the size of my photos, I'm pretty sure this post gets pinged somewhere.  :P

But no, I haven't suffered any noticeable lag, and the surprise about the speed increase to 4 was probably mostly because I was so very busy fighting .

Alcibiades

Slargos

Alcibiades

Tamas

Just great :rolleyes: At one hand I had Habbaku constantly whining about the slowness, on the other hand I had Slargos shrilling it was too fast.  Bunch of whiny little bitches, the lot of you :P

I am quite satisfied with my connection, however. We managed to do a lot of time on speed 4 with no one reporting any lag.

As for my size - I still have not unified France proper, my inflation is through the roof, and I am sourrounded by big player powers. So cry me a river.

katmai

Well let me state 4 is too fricking fast, as it was a clickfest of notifications for me and I wasn't even in a war.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 03:00:37 AM
Well let me state 4 is too fricking fast, as it was a clickfest of notifications for me and I wasn't even in a war.

Yeah it is okay for peace, but unmanagable for war.

Habbaku

I suggest disabling some of the useless ones, then.  Anything that pertains to merchants is generally pointless, for example (except embargos) and there are a lot of pop-ups that you just don't need to know about.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2010, 03:22:07 AM

I suggest disabling some of the useless ones, then.  Anything that pertains to merchants is generally pointless, for example (except embargos) and there are a lot of pop-ups that you just don't need to know about.

This

Solmyr

I thought that when we were talking about 4 in chat, it referred to game sessions being ideally 4 hours long, to which I said yes. :P

Slargos

IMO, speed 4 is too fast regardless of circumstances.

If every player nation is simultaneously at peace, with no work intensive activities like colonization or exploration, I could see where running 4 would work, but when will that ever happen?

It's hard enough to manage a 3-4 front war against 8-12 AI nations at 3 without pushing it to 4. I can manage at 3 and I won't complain about it unless it gets really intense (and since any AI nation that can actually threaten me has been dealt with that probably own't happen), but I really won't accept 4 while in those major wars.