News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2010, 06:13:45 AM
Kleves, wtf? Why did you help Tamas? If the Burgundians had him on the run, it was time for you to strike and cripple your main competitor right off the bat.

Bah, he has had much more lucrative provinces to grab from Burgundy.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on January 03, 2010, 09:39:38 PM
Let me get this right A.I. Burgundy fought PC England and PC France to a standstill? WTF?

Burgundy also happened to be HRE at the time, which allowed it to build megastacks.

Seen

Those aars are awfully picture-less! We want pics!

Slargos

Point.

I will try to get some screenies next session.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 07:19:49 AM
Kleves, wtf? Why did you help Tamas? If the Burgundians had him on the run, it was time for you to strike and cripple your main competitor right off the bat.

They can be taken later. It's unlikely there will be another opportunity as good as that one to take out France.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 04, 2010, 09:48:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 07:19:49 AM

They can be taken later. It's unlikely there will be another opportunity as good as that one to take out France.

Reducing france in the first session would essentially break the game apart, though.

I've never been a big fan of that kind of powergaming.

Ottomans can easily for instance drive into Siberia and cripple Russia while a less incompetent France can reduce Spain by fucking up the wars against Aragon. It just makes the game a clusterfuck.

Kleves

That is true, and maybe I should have done that. I did not, however, want to get bogged down in endless wars with a vengeful France over Normandy. Especially because such an action would likely unite Spain with France as my enemies. Helping Tamas offered me the chance to settle Calais and Picardy, build up some goodwill with my neighbors, and get a fews licks in on the Scots in the process. At least, such was my thinking. 
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Saved game is too big even rarred, pm me your e-mails if you want it

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 04:23:39 PM
Saved game is too big even rarred, pm me your e-mails if you want it

Do we still have to use the host save?

At any rate, you can upload the rared save to a thread in the paradox MP forum and link to it.

Slargos

End of session save http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21126&d=1262646258

Note that this is not Tamas' save so I'm not sure we can use it next session, but it should fullfill all your peeking needs.

Slargos

Freaky. My mediaplayer just picked up Katmai's computer through the Hamachi network. Seems it stays resident even though it's turned off.

That makes me slightly uncomfortable, I'll admit.  :D

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 04, 2010, 06:24:16 PM
Freaky. My mediaplayer just picked up Katmai's computer through the Hamachi network. Seems it stays resident even though it's turned off.

Even freakier as my hamachi isn't running :o
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

HEAR YE HEAR YE

Italy will be guaranteed by the full might of the Sublime Porte next session, and any invasion of Italy by any non-italians will incur the wrath and terrible vengeance of the Army of Crazed Serbian Janissaries.

Also, for every province taken, the Sublime Porte will reciprocate by pilfering one for himself.

I'll be fucked if I'm going to let you assholes feast on those universities without consequence.

Think you can outsmart ME?

FUCK YOU.

katmai

That sounds wonderful, even more so since I think i want to try Milan out :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2010, 06:44:02 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 04, 2010, 06:24:16 PM

Even freakier as my hamachi isn't running :o

That's the point. It's still running as a resident service, and doesn't need the application open to be connected to the VPN. You need to manually disconnect from the VPN before you close the client or everyone who's on the same VPN can connect to your computer.

Even disconnected, the hamachi IP is listed in my network connections. Though I shouldn't think that would matter. This is all above my pay grade.