News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

my age has nothing to do with wanting it at speed 2. :lol:
When at speed 3 you have battles being resolved before you can even see how they are faring it's a problem.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

I think it'd be best if we stuck with speed 3 at all times unless two PCs are at war with one-another, in which case we slow it to speed 2.  Let's face it, unless you're Kleves or Tamas, fighting the AI is going to be a snap.

We should, however, maybe make room for going to speed 2 if Alci gets in a large war, since Muscovy can have some pretty critical wars early on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2010, 02:39:50 AM
We should, however, maybe make room for going to speed 2 if Alci gets in a large war, since Muscovy can have some pretty critical wars early on.

He says he doesn't need it though.
:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2010, 02:39:50 AM
I think it'd be best if we stuck with speed 3 at all times unless two PCs are at war with one-another, in which case we slow it to speed 2.  Let's face it, unless you're Kleves or Tamas, fighting the AI is going to be a snap.

Oh snap :rolleyes:

I'll see how you will manage your infamy war gangrapes on speed 3, mister!  :mad:

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on January 08, 2010, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on January 08, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
3 was good for me, but that's because Austria doesn't have a lot to do right away. :P

Beat up Aquilea and grab those Austrian provinces.  They have gold!

I like having a CB before invading, I'm just weird that way. :bowler:

PS. Unignore me on Steam you noob. :P

Habbaku

I don't think I had you on ignore, Solymr.  :unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Also, the Hamachi network posted at the beginning of the thread doesn't seem to work.  Is someone going to create another for everyone to join, or was it just shot off temporarily?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2010, 06:37:36 PM
Also, the Hamachi network posted at the beginning of the thread doesn't seem to work.  Is someone going to create another for everyone to join, or was it just shot off temporarily?

I will create a new one, I shut off the other one because it was harded and harder to resist browsing katmai's comp :P

Oh and please do not post the new hamachi's network's IP and password here, we will spread that on Steam.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on January 09, 2010, 06:41:42 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 09, 2010, 06:37:36 PM

I will create a new one, I shut off the other one because it was harded and harder to resist browsing katmai's comp :P

Oh and please do not post the new hamachi's network's IP and password here, we will spread that on Steam.

:shifty:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Oh and I think we should go on speed 3 unless someone at war asks otherwise. My 5 front war last time was quite unmanagable at speed 3, but when you are at peace, speed 2 is absolutely appaling.

Slargos

Game on in 1 hour.

Be there, or be fucked in the ass by gigantic black people.

Tamas

I have re-created the network, and started gathering people in the languish steam chat room. Be there, or be square.

Slargos

Speaking of which, I have sent out invites to all of you for teh steam group but I'm missing a few there.

Or, well... I wouldn't say I'm MISSING you.

But you get the picture.

Slargos

session summary signed and delivered

You lazy fucks who can't be arsed to write even a short summary up should be well and properly ashamed of yourselves, probably for other reasons than this aswell, but I will not suffer poking through your dirty sock drawer to find out.

For the people wanting screen shots: Fuck you. Tamas kept raising the speed to 4 while I was involved in 3 front wars against about 10 AI nations that all kept sending their troops to contested territory without forts which made any attempt at holding territory long enough to get a peace offer sent without having the premises of the offer being already obsolete by the time I push send well you get the picture you slobbering fucking freaks, there was simply no time to press the screen shot button. "Huhwhat? Why did I just lose 20 days and a 15 regiment army? Oh, speed is 4 when it was previously 2. Thanks a lot, Tamas. I really appreciate it. You're going on my christmas card list."

Habbaku

I was planning on writing my summary tonight, when I had more time.

As for the speed issue, Tamas asked if it was OK to raise the speed to 4 (from 3, not from 2) and I was the only one that responded.  You then proceeded to whine an entire 15 minutes later about it.  So, maybe pay attention to in-game chat rather than just AFKing?

-J. R. R. Tolkien