News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on January 03, 2010, 09:39:38 PM
Let me get this right A.I. Burgundy fought PC England and PC France to a standstill? WTF?

It's what happens when you put two incompetents in charge.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Well Tamas was in a war with Aragon and Portugal as well as Burgundy. As for kleves excuse...maybe he was too focused on Scotland? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on January 03, 2010, 10:55:01 PM
That invective is not really fair - katmai tried his best, and you weren't even there.  :P
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on January 03, 2010, 08:49:04 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 03, 2010, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 06:13:14 PM
I'm making an AAR thread specifically for the AARs, so please keep any commentary in this thread.

Is commentary on the AAR allowed or do you want to keep it to players only?

I think commentary is wholly welcome, even if it isn't.

As for Katmai's country, I'd prefer him taking either Poland or Milan, myself, especially given Milan's relative position in Northern Italy.
Milan is in strong position with all those universities in Northern Italy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: sbr on January 03, 2010, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 06:13:14 PM
I'm making an AAR thread specifically for the AARs, so please keep any commentary in this thread.

Is commentary on the AAR allowed or do you want to keep it to players only?

Fire away.

Slargos

Yeah, after reading Kleves' account of events, I'm going to go ahead and laugh at you guys.  :D

Tamas

How about: Katmai gets to choose instead of randomizing between those 3 countries, and in exchange Slargos does not mess with the save file?

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 02:27:35 AM
How about: Katmai gets to choose instead of randomizing between those 3 countries, and in exchange Slargos does not mess with the save file?

I don't think that changes anything. He's missed an entire session and so it would not be unreasonable to at the very least wipe inflation and add some gold. That kind of edits.

But of course, if Katmai himself is fine with just giving it a whack nevermind any editing, then it's none of my business.

katmai

Hmmm, after browsing the save file, seems like a tossup between Milan and Holland as to which seems more attractive.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2010, 03:14:10 AM
Hmmm, after browsing the save file, seems like a tossup between Milan and Holland as to which seems more attractive.

Italy probably has more potential for action, while Holland will more or less be at the mercy of France and Austria. Once the german steamroller picks up speed, woe betides its neighbours. Not to mention the Russian, given all the manoeuvring space in the north. But we'll burn that heretic preacher on the cross when we get to it.

Of course, a Holland that is allowed to drive into northern Germany and pick up some german culture could be a nice counter weight to the relatively free space France, Austria and England are enjoying up there.

Ottoman forces are available for hire at a relatively low cost.  :sleep:

Solmyr

Both Holland and Milan are bound to come into conflict with the HRE if they expand too much. :P Especially as one of the Austrian missions is to take over Lombardy. Though of course the Habsburgs are open to some kind of arrangement that ensures their Imperial interests are preserved.

Solmyr

Tamas, can you post the save file here so I can take a look at it?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on January 04, 2010, 05:27:54 AM
Tamas, can you post the save file here so I can take a look at it?

Sure, when I get home

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 03, 2010, 10:55:01 PM
Quote from: Viking on January 03, 2010, 09:39:38 PM
Let me get this right A.I. Burgundy fought PC England and PC France to a standstill? WTF?

I faced overwhelming odds and walked away with one province more than I started :P

jimmy olsen

Kleves, wtf? Why did you help Tamas? If the Burgundians had him on the run, it was time for you to strike and cripple your main competitor right off the bat.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point