News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 05:43:20 PM
Looks like we need a Portugal, Kat.  I'm in a nasty war with Novgorod and the Golden Horde. I can beat either, but I'm really having a hard time taking them both on at the same time....

Ottoman expansion into the Crimea is worrisome....

The only reason for the Ottoman Principality to expand into Chrimea is to present a second front against the invading Mongol hordes and the Sultan is left bewildered and confused when the Czar presents the same as a threat to anyone but the rabid hordes.

Infact, the Principality has incurred massive debts of bad will in order to surge through Georgia and Moldavia for the purpose of providing relief for the beleaguered Muscovian troops. But as they say, no good deed goes entirely unpunished.

History will surely redeem us, though we may be villified in the present.

Slargos

Great session, guys, btw.

I had forgotten how much fun EU MP can be, and I really hope we can keep this game rolling at least for a few months.

I'm making an AAR thread specifically for the AARs, so please keep any commentary in this thread.

Slargos

I attempted to change the formatting on the text of my AAR so that it wouldn't all be centered, but it refused to take so I am going to call it intentional and leave it that way.

Sophie Scholl

lolz  Can I be:  Iroquois Empire?

Looks like it could be a fun game to watch.  Keep it going guys.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

So is Tamas the one to harass for save game file? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

I made a save aswell, and I'm sure someone here will know whether it's like EU2 where you have to use the host save, or if any will do.

Habbaku

Glad to hear things went off decently enough, guys.  I see that I also left Castile in capable hands.  Thanks, Katmai.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on January 03, 2010, 07:42:45 PM
Glad to hear things went off decently enough, guys.  I see that I also left Castile in capable hands.  Thanks, Katmai.  :)

Katmai has the save in a moment, if you wish to take a closer look at the mess he left for you in Metropolis.

Me, I'm signing off.

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 07:51:21 PM
Katmai has the save in a moment, if you wish to take a closer look at the mess he left for you in Metropolis.

You mean how he's subjugated all of the islands in the Western Med., taken a good chunk of Aragon, annexed Navarra and grabbed a North Africa foothold while cementing an alliance with the English and the French?

I wonder what a catastrophe under Katmai would be like if that's a mess.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

katmai

Well looking at the possible countries seems a tossup between Milan, Holland or Poland, and since you guys didn't get to pick what country you took, we should figure a randomize way to assign me one :P

sbr

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 06:13:14 PM
I'm making an AAR thread specifically for the AARs, so please keep any commentary in this thread.

Is commentary on the AAR allowed or do you want to keep it to players only?

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on January 03, 2010, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 06:13:14 PM

Is commentary on the AAR allowed or do you want to keep it to players only?

I think commentary is wholly welcome, even if it isn't.

As for Katmai's country, I'd prefer him taking either Poland or Milan, myself, especially given Milan's relative position in Northern Italy.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

An Italy could be interesting, only tried one once in Mp, but it was interesting.  I think he should be able to choose though, we're already past the first session.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Viking

Let me get this right A.I. Burgundy fought PC England and PC France to a standstill? WTF?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.