News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

I have hamachi installed, but I have no clue what I'm doing with it.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

FunkMonk

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 11:49:45 AM
I have hamachi installed, but I have no clue what I'm doing with it.

Join an Existing Network, network name to join is: languish-mp

Pass is eu3

From there, open up EU3 using steam and join internet game using my Hamachi IP. I'm hosting.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Can't add people to chat since I haven't bought any games through steam, should i still load the game in steam?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

FunkMonk

I am a noob lagger so I had to drop from the game because my connection is ca. 1994.
Portugal is... no more.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

The Habsburg monarchy is off to a slow but sure start. A short punitive war against the heretics of Brabant yielded the provinces of Breda and Limburg and the fealty of Luxemburg and Trier for the Habsburgs. Although Albrecht IV died, his young heir Albrecht V managed to get an election as Holy Roman Emperor after the death of Philippe II of Burgundy. Now the Habsburgs are eyeing warily the mighty Burgundy as well as the growing power of Milan in Italy. Although Albrecht IV had good relations with the Holy See, the new Pope, Martinus V, proved to be an expansionistic aggressor, and Emperor Albrecht V took it upon himself to put this turbulent priest in his place. The Habsburg armies invaded the Romagna, besieging Ravenna and Ancona.

The World in 1414

Kleves

Do you guys think there is anyway I could play over a good wireless connection? Or would I pull a FunkMonk if I tried that?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on January 03, 2010, 03:24:22 PM
Do you guys think there is anyway I could play over a good wireless connection? Or would I pull a FunkMonk if I tried that?

I'd think it would work, i mean i'm on a wireless connection :p

katmai

Thanks for the pic Sol, you guys figure out what nations i could/should take so i can practice run them this week :P

Solmyr

Well, taking Holland will likely get you into a HRE clusterfuck with me, although otherwise it's a fine choice. Same with Milan, and Denmark if you start expanding into HRE. Sweden might work. Or Ming. :P

And I'm on wireless too so it's fine.

ulmont

Quote from: Kleves on January 03, 2010, 03:24:22 PM
Do you guys think there is anyway I could play over a good wireless connection?

Yeah, I played over a good wireless connection for a full game.

Alcibiades

Looks like we need a Portugal, Kat.  I'm in a nasty war with Novgorod and the Golden Horde. I can beat either, but I'm really having a hard time taking them both on at the same time....

Ottoman expansion into the Crimea is worrisome.... 

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 03, 2010, 05:43:20 PM
Looks like we need a Portugal, Kat.  I'm in a nasty war with Novgorod and the Golden Horde. I can beat either, but I'm really having a hard time taking them both on at the same time....

Ottoman expansion into the Crimea is worrisome....

Just waiting to see if Funk is able to upgrade his connection :P

katmai

Is there a save file of current game, would like to take a look at situation of possible countries (Poland, Holland, Milan, denmark) if funk figures out his stuff and stays on as Portugal.

Slargos

For my part, I would suggest Poland over Portugal since Germany, Scandinavia and Poland will be pretty empty without at least one player in there.

Whichever nation gets picked, I'm going to go ahead and make an executive decision to look a bit closer at it and make a few tweaks, as he missed the first session which is pretty important for setting the tone for the game, especially considering the leaps for area control most players have made already. (Or well, should have made, in those instances that you haven't. I was busy with more or less constant warfare against several fronts so I had precious little time to look around and see what was happening elsewhere.  :P )