And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2010, 03:20:01 AM
Baltic is mine!!!1

I'd like to make a deal with the Swedish King.  In exchange for canceling your alliance with Scotland I will promise to not shoot holes in the fishing boats and inflatable rafts you call a navy.

Berkut

Only playing once a week is going to suck. I gotta quit reading this thread.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

I stop by for the pre-game posturing, that's really entertaining.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

What about the post-game posturing?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 03:18:38 AM
Regarding Habbaku of Brandenburg handing out advices to Sweden and Muscowy: he will only have the Baltic coast as initial conquest target because not only he could not tackle Teh Holy Emperor, the infamy cost of german provinces would finish him off. :contract:

The Margrave of Brandenburg is a peaceful man who wishes nothing but good upon the Emperor.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2010, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2010, 03:18:38 AM
Regarding Habbaku of Brandenburg handing out advices to Sweden and Muscowy: he will only have the Baltic coast as initial conquest target because not only he could not tackle Teh Holy Emperor, the infamy cost of german provinces would finish him off. :contract:

The Margrave of Brandenburg is a peaceful man who wishes nothing but good upon the Emperor.

The Emperor being himself?

katmai

Quote from: sbr on April 22, 2010, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2010, 03:20:01 AM
Baltic is mine!!!1

I'd like to make a deal with the Swedish King.  In exchange for canceling your alliance with Scotland I will promise to not shoot holes in the fishing boats and inflatable rafts you call a navy.
:yeahright:
I guess I'll have to help my Scottish allies by starting up raids on English monastaries.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2010, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2010, 02:01:18 PM
The Emperor being himself?

You're spoiling the surprise!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2010, 01:18:12 PM
What about the post-game posturing?

I haven't been quick enough to catch those except the Slargos affair, that was internet humour at its best.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Sacris

Quote from: Solmyr on April 22, 2010, 03:49:21 AM
Baltic is a Spanish colony you fuckers.

And Tamas as Austria is going down so hard. :bleeding:

uups! I think you made a typo or something there.
Correction: Spain is a Baltic colony.

..you're totally welcome.