News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by Slargos, January 01, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

There are significant mechanical changes in the game.  It's been styled a little more actiony.  The heavy weapons are really fun though.  There's something tremendously satisfying about nuking the enemy and getting a nice mushroom cloud.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2010, 09:16:22 AM
There are significant mechanical changes in the game.  It's been styled a little more actiony.  The heavy weapons are really fun though.  There's something tremendously satisfying about nuking the enemy and getting a nice mushroom cloud.

And how would you know all this hmmmm!

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2010, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2010, 09:16:22 AM
And how would you know all this hmmmm!

:P
I know guys who know guys.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

This looks pretty good, though having actors I know and respect in games other than Fallout is always something of a turn off.  In Mass Effect 2's case, I worry that I will spend the entire time I hear Martin Sheen's voice thinking "Damn, I should be watching Apocalypse Now right now."  :ph34r:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

DisturbedPervert

Earn Mass Effect 2 DLC by drinking bottles of Dr Pepper   :lol:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61866

katmai

Woo drinking the Pepper pays off!

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 08, 2010, 03:48:46 PM
Earn Mass Effect 2 DLC by drinking bottles of Dr Pepper   :lol:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61866

It's stuff like this that makes me consider to cancel my pre-order. This DLC crap is getting a bit too far recently.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Is it just me, or does

look like
?

Addendum: :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

And Spellus needs to stop wanting to video game characters.

You didn't see us wanking to Custer's Revenge.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

No dumbass she looks like the actress she was actually modeled off of.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2010, 04:08:39 PM
And Spellus needs to stop wanting to video game characters.

You didn't see us wanking to Custer's Revenge.

Needed pixel implants.

Faeelin

QuoteElectronic Arts announced today that folks who pick up Mass Effect 2 brand-new will also net free DLC (via Shacknews). Each new copy of Mass Effect 2 will come with a code to unlock The Cerberus Network, which will act as a vessel for the game's DLC, and will also give players their first bit of extra content.

Those who access The Cerberus Network for the first time will get new missions, in-game items and a new "rugged and deadly gun-for-hire" party member named Zaees. According to BioWare, the company plans continued DLC after the game's launch, promising an "agile hover tank" in addition to more missions and items.
[/quote

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=61997

Hrm?

Josquius

GRAGGGH!
I hate damn extra paid content.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on January 20, 2010, 05:16:05 PM
GRAGGGH!
I hate damn extra paid content.

But...it's free...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."