China executes allegedly mentally ill Briton for drug traficking

Started by The Larch, December 29, 2009, 05:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on December 29, 2009, 08:34:57 AM
It amuses me that the most vocal bigots people on the board now are all gay.  :)

What the fuck. I'm not a bigot!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

Drakken

Quote from: Faeelin on December 29, 2009, 09:33:42 AM
It amuses me that the most vocal bigots people on the board now are all gay.  :)

:glare:

Anyway, I don't get it. The article doesn't mention a history of psychiatric treatment, so what's the evidence he had a mental illness?

Allegedly, witnesses reported that he believed he would save the world with an imaginary rabbit. He even wrote a song about that rabbit and world peace while erring in *gasp* Poland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWoA-XTyCM

That was some good shit he was using. I'd like some. :yes:

Caliga

Hm, you're only helping China's case with that, since in China it is illegal and punishable by death to be utterly worthless.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Drakken on December 29, 2009, 10:55:47 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on December 29, 2009, 09:33:42 AM

:glare:

Anyway, I don't get it. The article doesn't mention a history of psychiatric treatment, so what's the evidence he had a mental illness?

Allegedly, witnesses reported that he believed he would save the world with an imaginary rabbit. He even wrote a song about that rabbit and world peace while erring in *gasp* Poland.

Rabbit, Jewish carpenter... Difference?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Aren't all gaybashers insane and should go free? I'm just trying to understand Mart's position.

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on December 29, 2009, 06:05:13 AM
Mental problems are seldom accepted as excuse for anything, especially in the courts.
they have this mentality too, in some US States where they execute the mentally hill.  Texas comes to mind, but there might be others too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Drakken on December 29, 2009, 10:55:47 AM

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Personally I have no problem with mentally illy being executed, especially if they committed a crime.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on December 29, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
they have this mentality too, in some US States where they execute the mentally hill.  Texas comes to mind, but there might be others too.

*sigh* We execute the retarded not the mentally ill.  For fuck sake.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 29, 2009, 02:58:58 PM
Personally I have no problem with mentally illy being executed, especially if they committed a crime.

:yes:

Caliga

You're only a bigot if you hate the things Marti doesn't hate.  Take gays, for example.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on December 29, 2009, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 29, 2009, 02:37:52 PM

*sigh* We execute the retarded not the mentally ill.  For fuck sake.

The continue existence of Rick Perry suggests otherwise.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017