Terror attack foiled on Northwest Airlines flight

Started by Weatherman, December 25, 2009, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Nonsense Yi, they were all wedding parties  :lol:

I didn't say it was easy, and FWIW I believe the British contribution has been even more lamentable............but where are the tangible beneficial results for our efforts?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2009, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 30, 2009, 04:32:45 PM
That argument would have more resonance if the USA had actually got anything done.
What do we need to do to qualify for actually getting anything done?  We've zapped umpteen AQ mucky mucks in Pakistan, umpteen mad mullahs in Yemen, umpteen fedayeen freedom fighters in Iraq.

Good question.  What does this zapping actually accomplish?  In 2001 Bush complained about how he was tired of the US "swatting at flies".  It's almost 2010 and we are still swatting at flies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

Quote from: Berkut on December 30, 2009, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 30, 2009, 11:21:04 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 30, 2009, 10:08:32 AM
Funny, I remarked a long time ago that the hysteria of the left over detaining prisoners in the WoT (no matter how humanely - remember that there still has not been any credible evidence that anyone was being tortured at Gitmo, for example) would result in the US just not taking prisoners anymore, and instead just look to kill them. This was dismissed as silly and ridiculous.

Now the Golden Child is instituting that *exact* policy, and we don't hear the usual suspects complaining about it at all. Curious.

Now the people who once chided people for "rooting against America" are doing exactly that.  Curious.

A Fatetastic response Raz, you should be proud.

Needs more GOPtard.  :yuk:

Fate

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 28, 2009, 06:49:13 PM
So, in summation: The guy--

1. paid cash;
2. for a one-way ticket;
3. on an international flight;
4. to Detroit, the main hub for the Disneyland of the American Islamic community, Dearborn MI:
5. after his father called the US Embassy in Lagos directly less than a month before about his son's recent militantism.

In short, the ball was dropped, primarily overseas.  If these flags don't go red, then it doesn't matter how many people don't get to bring their bottles of Head & Shoulders with them.

Supposedly Nigeria is a "cash society" due to the amount of fraud in the country, so the correlation between buying a ticket with cash and OMGTERRORIST may be weaker than expected.

The latest reports are saying that he actually purchased a round trip ticket.

The ball was still dropped. All mooslimbs should have mandatory secondary screening when entering the US from abroad.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Fate on December 30, 2009, 07:34:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 28, 2009, 06:49:13 PM
So, in summation: The guy--

1. paid cash;
2. for a one-way ticket;
3. on an international flight;
4. to Detroit, the main hub for the Disneyland of the American Islamic community, Dearborn MI:
5. after his father called the US Embassy in Lagos directly less than a month before about his son's recent militantism.

In short, the ball was dropped, primarily overseas.  If these flags don't go red, then it doesn't matter how many people don't get to bring their bottles of Head & Shoulders with them.

Supposedly Nigeria is a "cash society" due to the amount of fraud in the country, so the correlation between buying a ticket with cash and OMGTERRORIST may be weaker than expected.

The latest reports are saying that he actually purchased a round trip ticket.

The ball was still dropped. All mooslimbs should have mandatory secondary screening when entering the US from abroad.

Isn't Nigeria on some sort of Filthy Country list anyway?  Nobody with flies on their eyelids and distended bellies with powdered milk moustaches shouldn't be allowed to fly anywhere anyway.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2009, 09:40:06 PM
Isn't Nigeria on some sort of Filthy Country list anyway?  Nobody with flies on their eyelids and distended bellies with powdered milk moustaches shouldn't be allowed to fly anywhere anyway.
Don't you mean "fly nowhere noway?"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2009, 09:49:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2009, 09:40:06 PM
Don't you mean "fly nowhere noway?"

Noway nohow.

Capetan Mihali

Terrorism update: a pseudo-molotov filled with diesel ( :huh:) found in the parking lot of the DHS in Philadelphia...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 31, 2009, 12:46:01 AM
Terrorism update: a pseudo-molotov filled with diesel ( :huh:) found in the parking lot of the DHS in Philadelphia...

:lol: Pseudo-Molotov?  What's that, like a pipe bomb without the pipe?

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 31, 2009, 12:59:16 AM

:lol: Pseudo-Molotov?  What's that, like a pipe bomb without the pipe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Litvinov
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Rasmussen
Fifty-eight percent (58%) of U.S. voters say waterboarding and other aggressive interrogation techniques should be used to gain information from the terrorist who attempted to bomb an airliner on Christmas Day.

:rolleyes:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 31, 2009, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: Rasmussen
Fifty-eight percent (58%) of U.S. voters say waterboarding and other aggressive interrogation techniques should be used to gain information from the terrorist who attempted to bomb an airliner on Christmas Day.

:rolleyes:

A bumbled underwear-bandit, who himself is no further threat, probably shouldn't make the cut...but I imagine most red-blooded Americans would, under the same cirmcumstances, do what my current avatar did to "Scorpio" to get information.

Ed Anger

I'd start slicing off fingers.

Unless he was an American. Then he gets due process. Foreigners? Fuck 'em.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Such ingratitude.

The fellow did get you out of a boring business trip Ed  :P

Razgovory

How do you fill a fake Russian hammer with diesel?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017