Terror attack foiled on Northwest Airlines flight

Started by Weatherman, December 25, 2009, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Fireblade on December 29, 2009, 12:07:17 PM
Do you guys remember that Islamic forum we invaded a couple of years ago? Gahawer?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/29/abdulmutallabs-web-posts-_n_406083.html

QuoteThose posts, beginning in 2005, show a teenager looking for a new life outside his boarding school and wealthy Nigerian family.

Most of all, they paint a portrait of someone who seems lost and needs someone to hear him.

The postings seem hastily written and are replete with spelling and grammar errors. In one, on Jan 28. 2005, he wrote: "i am in a situation where i do not have a friend, i have no one to speak too, no one to consult, no one to support me and i feel depressed and lonely. i do not know what to do."

The posts were made to an Islamic bulletin board called Gawaher, which literally translates from Arabic as "gems" or "jewels," but can also be read as "essence" or "spirit."

:lol:

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fireblade

Quote from: The Brain on December 29, 2009, 12:08:17 PM
Do you guys remember that Islamic forum we invaded a couple of years ago? Gahawer?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/29/abdulmutallabs-web-posts-_n_406083.html

QuoteThose posts, beginning in 2005, show a teenager looking for a new life outside his boarding school and wealthy Nigerian family.

Most of all, they paint a portrait of someone who seems lost and needs someone to hear him.

The postings seem hastily written and are replete with spelling and grammar errors. In one, on Jan 28. 2005, he wrote: "i am in a situation where i do not have a friend, i have no one to speak too, no one to consult, no one to support me and i feel depressed and lonely. i do not know what to do."

The posts were made to an Islamic bulletin board called Gawaher, which literally translates from Arabic as "gems" or "jewels," but can also be read as "essence" or "spirit."

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showforum=467.html&

:homestar: ?

MadImmortalMan

Oh man. Next thing you know that gay Arab kid is gonna be trying to blow up a Mosque.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Fireblade on December 29, 2009, 12:13:14 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 29, 2009, 12:08:17 PM

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showforum=467.html&

:homestar: ?

If you were just a little more diligent in undermining that forum, maybe we wouldn't be losing our map tracker. Sheilbh, you can blame Jaron, Fireblade and whoever else lost interest in the "invasion.'
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

CNN had some folks on from the Transportation Safety Administration mentioning the glaringly obvious, that the US doesn't handle passenger screening at foreign airports.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2009, 03:12:12 PM
CNN had some folks on from the Transportation Safety Administration mentioning the glaringly obvious, that the US doesn't handle passenger screening at foreign airports.

That is the problem with foreigners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Oh man, if that's not the coolest thing ever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Of course.  Though do Nigerians need to apply for visas in advance to visit the US or are they a visa waiver nation?
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on December 29, 2009, 02:31:11 PM

If you were just a little more diligent in undermining that forum, maybe we wouldn't be losing our map tracker. Sheilbh, you can blame Jaron, Fireblade and whoever else lost interest in the "invasion.'

I got banned!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fireblade

I look forward to the day when Languish is mentioned in an international incident/terrorist plot.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 29, 2009, 04:41:07 PM
Of course.  Though do Nigerians need to apply for visas in advance to visit the US or are they a visa waiver nation?

He had a valid US visa, his visa to visit Britain was revoked in May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8432180.stm
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/28/cbsnews_investigates/main6031469.shtml

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Fireblade on December 29, 2009, 05:05:02 PM
I look forward to the day when Languish is mentioned in an international incident/terrorist plot.

So who is your bet on which poster will be connected when it happens?  :ph34r:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 29, 2009, 06:35:54 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on December 29, 2009, 05:05:02 PM

So who is your bet on which poster will be connected when it happens?  :ph34r:

Judging by Homeland security's track record they will bust Tim  :P