News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Christmas loot. Post yours.

Started by Darth Wagtaros, December 21, 2009, 07:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

In addition to earlier, couple more books, couple of sweaters (but not Christmas sweaters, thank Hod)... and the Mel Brooks Collection box set. :wub:
Experience bij!

Capetan Mihali

The Criterion box set of Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz in all its 15-hour glory.  :mmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

BuddhaRhubarb

liked part of my first present, John Scalzi's "Old man's war" so much that I used my second present to buy the next 3 John Scalzi books "Ghost Brigades" "The Last Colony", and "Zoe's Tale"... all set in the same universe, which I really dug. First time I've been excited about a series of books in ages.

also got the novel of "Let The right One in", which i didn't know was a novel first. I read the first page in the store though and was hooked. Also got China Mieville's Perdido Street Station. I read Scar last year, and liked it.
:p

CountDeMoney

My parents gave me a copy of Hell Hawks!: The Untold Story of the American Fliers Who Savaged Hitler's Wehrmacht, about P-47 pilots during the war, inscribed by one of the authors. 

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 27, 2009, 04:00:38 PM
Season 4 of Xena :wub:

Ok you are not allowed to criticize my movie tastes ever again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 28, 2009, 06:49:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 27, 2009, 04:00:38 PM
Season 4 of Xena :wub:

No shit. Xena? Whiskey Tango Motherfucking Foxtrot.

DontSayBanana

QFT.  I only watched Xena because I was a horny teenager with the hots for Gabriela (insert jokes about bound and gagged fantasies here).  Looking back, that show was awful.
Experience bij!

garbon

Oh yes I am. Xena isn't good, it is amazing! In college, we had a drinking game that revolved around taking shots every time there was a not so subtle lesbian reference. You're hammered by mid-episode. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Not sure how I can top Xena, but I got one of those Krups Heineken Beertenders that takes the little 5L kegs, a leather jacket that makes me look like a criminal, and the Nero Liquid TV bundle that includes the USB TV tuner, Tivo PC software & Tivo remote control. 

Also got an HBO-authorized copy of this year's season of Hard Knocks, Band of Brothers on blu-ray, and some clothes.

Had the Beertender cranking fairly early Christmas Day :wub:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 28, 2009, 09:12:46 AM

QFT.  I only watched Xena because I was a horny teenager with the hots for Gabriela (insert jokes about bound and gagged fantasies here).  Looking back, that show was awful.

Google "Xena Warrior Princess Gabrielle bondage".  Go ahead.  Do it.

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 28, 2009, 09:12:46 AM
Xena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gabrielle.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Xena was rather good back in the day.
Certainly the best fantasy TV series out there.
Yes.
There is no competition bar Hercules but still.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Gabrielle was the more attractive of the two.  A Bitter Suite wasn't bad, for all its homoerotic overtones.
PDH!