Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2024, 11:40:08 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 25, 2024, 10:24:00 PMI highly doubt he makes the line go up any more than Vanguard/etc. would. I suspect you are getting fleeced.

Yeah I doubt this IRA radically outperforms other IRAs. Though I am not sure that means I am getting fleeced.

The expense ratios of some guy at a bank are likely much higher than a more passively-managed portfolio.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2024, 11:48:23 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on June 24, 2024, 01:38:48 PMNVIDIA has peaked for now. Maybe for good. Been switching to data centers.

This is crazy.  They are the only producer of a product that everyone wants to buy.
No matter how valuable some property is, it can still be overpriced, especially in a liquid market.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2024, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2024, 11:48:23 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on June 24, 2024, 01:38:48 PMNVIDIA has peaked for now. Maybe for good. Been switching to data centers.

This is crazy.  They are the only producer of a product that everyone wants to buy.
No matter how valuable some property is, it can still be overpriced, especially in a liquid market.

That is a different argument than whether a given stock has reached its all time peak.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on June 26, 2024, 08:20:13 AMThe expense ratios of some guy at a bank are likely much higher than a more passively-managed portfolio.

The guy who day trades the VIX is talking up index funds. :P