News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ocean planet discovered

Started by jimmy olsen, December 16, 2009, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 07:05:20 AMStill, it's good to see that Jake's as racist as the rest of us.

Wait... what?

I mean, maybe I am but what in this thread indicates that?  Did you mean Tim and his buttercookie-bigotry?

The Brain

You can't make jokes in writing. Doesn't work that way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

Quote from: The Brain on December 17, 2009, 04:50:18 PM
You can't make jokes in writing. Doesn't work that way.

so, what they say about you is true? :area52:

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2009, 08:30:26 AM
Dude, you're gonna shatter everyone's image of me as uber-manly.  :cry:
Actually, I think of you kind of like a big raccoon in Roman armour.  You march all over the place and bring order to the barbarians so you can eat their garbage.

Neil wins the thread.

edit: Oh, and now that I've gone back & read the rest of the thread, I now know the best way to insult Jake :shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Yeah, seriously... it might be a fight between Jake and Tim, but Neil wins.  Jake's got the vitriol down, but he seriously loses some points for losing it over random shit posted on Languish.  I call that oversensitivity.  Geez, even the Quebecois here don't lose it over stuff like that.
Experience bij!

frunk

I've never noticed Tim to get sarcasm.  To not know that he's sarcasm impaired and to get seriously pissed off at him because of it seems like a gross overreaction.

grumbler

Quote from: frunk on December 17, 2009, 05:59:35 PM
I've never noticed Tim to get sarcasm.  To not know that he's sarcasm impaired and to get seriously pissed off at him because of it seems like a gross overreaction.
Jake's comment wasn't sarcasm, it was the well-known Languish meme of pretending, as a gag, to interpret something someone says literally.

To not get that isn't as excusable as not getting sarcasm.  Sarcasm can be subtle.  Deliberate literalism is as subtle as a jackhammer.

Having said that, I don't know why Jacob went off like that.  Timmay is like earthquakes and volcanoes and hurricanes.  Getting upset at any of them is a complete waste of time.  I think Tim just caught Jacob at a bad moment, and that Jake will look at this thread in a coupla hours and go "what was I thinking?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on December 17, 2009, 04:45:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 07:05:20 AMStill, it's good to see that Jake's as racist as the rest of us.
Wait... what?

I mean, maybe I am but what in this thread indicates that?  Did you mean Tim and his buttercookie-bigotry?
You're picking on a member of a visible minority.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 06:24:48 PM

Making fun of retards is not bigotry.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Camerus

I just took the Holy Grail of dumps.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: PDH on December 17, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 06:24:48 PM

Making fun of retards is not bigotry.
Jacob wouldn't be making fun of him if he wasn't Mexican.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 07:23:25 PM

I think Jake is big enough to make fun of any retard, no matter what insignificant ethnicity they are.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

If it's racist to hate the Danes, well then you can call me a racist.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: PDH on December 17, 2009, 07:37:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 17, 2009, 07:23:25 PM
I think Jake is big enough to make fun of any retard, no matter what insignificant ethnicity they are.
I don't think so.  Tim isn't even the biggest retard in this thread, as Martinus has posted.