One for the Twilight fans

Started by Brazen, December 16, 2009, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2009, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2009, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 10:57:27 AM
Robert Pattinson notoriously hates Twilight

Lucky guy got to be in both Twilight and Harry Potter.

He's the Hugo Weaving of our day.

The analogy is even more apt, considering his best role is one where he plays a guy fucking other guys. :P

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2009, 11:42:52 AM
Source?
As thats rather awesome.

Ask and ye shall receive. :contract:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=658907

Quote"When you read the book," Says Pattinson, looking appropriately pallid even without make-up, "It's like, 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself'. I mean, every line is like that. He's the most ridiculous person who's so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just coudln't do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated, the more i hated this guy, so that's how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he's a 108-year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there."

Quote"...when I read [Twilight], it seemed like I was convinced Stephenie [Meyer] was convinced she was Bella and it was like it was a book that wasn't supposed to be published. It was like reading her sexual fantasy, especially when she said it was based on a dream and it was like, 'Oh I've had this dream about this really sexy guy,' and she just writes this book about it. Some things about Edward are so specific, I was just convinced - I was like, 'This woman is mad. She's completely mad and she's in love with her own fictional creation.'

Sophie Scholl

:lol:  Sounds like an entertaining guy.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Larch

Pattinson has gone up a few notches in my appreciation-meter after reading that.  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 10:57:27 AMEspecially that it is a staple case of Misaimed Fandom. Robert Pattinson notoriously hates Twilight, finds that the books suck ass, and deliberately acts so that Edward looks like a creepy jackass on screen. The only reason he is in this movie is Kristen Stewart.

Kristen Stewart is not that hot for a movie starlet, IMO.  That girl vampire, the precognition one, is much cuter.

Jacob

Sounds like a decent fellow, this Pattinson  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 10:57:27 AMEspecially that it is a staple case of Misaimed Fandom. Robert Pattinson notoriously hates Twilight, finds that the books suck ass, and deliberately acts so that Edward looks like a creepy jackass on screen. The only reason he is in this movie is Kristen Stewart.

Kristen Stewart is not that hot for a movie starlet, IMO. 

her face is weird.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2009, 04:13:02 PM
Kristen Stewart is not that hot for a movie starlet, IMO.  That girl vampire, the precognition one, is much cuter.
Name/pic please?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

I haven't paid attention outside of the movie, but a quick internet search revealed that her name is Ashley Greene and she looks like this when she posts for Maxim:

I think it's mostly the way she jumps up, wrapping her legs around this one dude's face and breaking his neck which was kind of cool in that one scene.  That, and her character is much less annoying than the emo main chick who seems too much like a child to be interesting.

Sophie Scholl

Ah, yes.  I remember seeing that issue at the bar.  Definitely hot.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 11:36:00 AM
Quote from: Viking on December 16, 2009, 11:34:16 AM
Quote from: Drakken on December 16, 2009, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2009, 07:59:45 AM
I don't understand why chicks think that dude is so hot.  He looks like someone who just got out of bed, since he is unshaven and never seems to comb his hair.  Is filthiness the new HOTT look?  :huh:

Especially that it is a staple case of Misaimed Fandom. Robert Pattinson notoriously hates Twilight, finds that the books suck ass, and deliberately acts so that Edward looks like a creepy jackass on screen. The only reason he is in this movie is Kristen Stewart.

The money has nothing to do with it?

He auditioned because he wanted to score with the chick. Money came in second.
So did he suffer in vain, or not?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2009, 11:42:52 AM
To have read them: you can only read a certain number of books in your life. There was a study I read ages ago on this. The number is surprisingly small.

I dunno - my wife is not a voracious reader, but is a pretty regular reader.  And she enjoyed Twilight (although I don't think she thought of it as any kind of great literature).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I only read the left behind novels.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son