News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So... someone confesses murder to you

Started by Martinus, December 12, 2009, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A guy you do not know very well confesses to you that he murdered someone 30 years ago. He says he feels sorry about it and needed to get it off his chest. Do you...

... pat him on a shoulder and buy him another drink. Then go on Languish to retell this sad, sad story.
28 (57.1%)
... report him to the police.
16 (32.7%)
... lure him away, then exsanguinate him, cut his body into portable pieces that you later dump into the bay inside black plastic bags.
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Martinus

Inspired by the murder thread.

Hint: one of the answers is what normal people do. This being Languish, I suspect it will be the least popular one.

Viking

I vote narc the fucker. He will probably in the future regret telling you and since he has used human death before he might get the silly idea to use it again.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

IF he was defending himself from a homosexual predator i'd go buy him a beer.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

If he is a sailor who claims not to be interested in gay sex I wouldn't believe his "confession".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

syk

Maybe I would report him. I don't think i would have if some WW2 vet told me a story like that when I was in 10th grade.

Martinus

Quote from: syk on December 12, 2009, 06:20:08 AM
Maybe I would report him. I don't think i would have if some WW2 vet told me a story like that when I was in 10th grade.

Well, you are a German. Pretty much all your WW2 vets are murderers. :P

DisturbedPervert

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

syk

Quote from: Martinus on December 12, 2009, 06:27:58 AM
Quote from: syk on December 12, 2009, 06:20:08 AM

Well, you are a German. Pretty much all your WW2 vets are murderers. :P
Meh, I thought about bringing the difference up in that other thread and decided against it. I am not with Tucholsky ("Soldiers are murderers") on that.

Syt

I'd blackmail him into telling me about his time as soldier and learn his dirty tricks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2009, 06:50:09 AM
I'd blackmail him into telling me about his time as soldier and learn his dirty tricks.

Then go on a shooting rampage?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Situational.

As someone already brought up.

Did he kill a fag? Buy him a beer.

Did he kill a politician? Buy him a beer.

Did he kill a journalist? Buy him a beer.

Etc. etc.

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2009, 07:29:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2009, 06:50:09 AM

Then go on a shooting rampage?

Perhaps.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Who is he, who did he kill and why.
No one answer.
If some git admits it to me for brutally killing some complete stranger then I'm going to the police.
If its my friend and its because he found the guy robbing his house or somesuch then...let it go and hope for the best.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on December 12, 2009, 08:52:28 AM
Who is he, who did he kill and why.
No one answer.
If some git admits it to me for brutally killing some complete stranger then I'm going to the police.
If its my friend and its because he found the guy robbing his house or somesuch then...let it go and hope for the best.

No, the true question is, "What if the victim was gay?"

Personally, what if the murderer was gay and had killed a straight guy for refusing his advances?
—Stephen Jay Gould