Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Started by Caliga, December 08, 2009, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Almond
10 (18.2%)
Apple
24 (43.6%)
Apricot
2 (3.6%)
Cherry
23 (41.8%)
Fig
10 (18.2%)
Hazelnut
8 (14.5%)
Peach
24 (43.6%)
Pear
16 (29.1%)
Pecan
11 (20%)
Quince
2 (3.6%)
Walnut
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Caliga

Caliga

Planted a semi-dwarf peach today toward the end of the driveway.  A lot of folks think fall is actually a much better time to plant trees so I'm putting that to the test.  I was determine to not make the same mistake as last time and plant this peach too deeply, so I dug a very wide, shallow hole and backfilled the entire thing with claybrake, mounded around the peach root ball, and then covered everything around the mound with pine bark mulch.   It's a good thing I decided to do it that way because less than a foot down I hit another limestone fossil bed.  So, even if this peach dies, I will at least have doubled my fossil collection.  This time I found a nice hunk of fossil coral in addition to the usual fossil clams I always find. :cool:

Ed Anger

Caliga

Eddie Teach

Maybe you should give him a Caliga disapproval point.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2011, 05:45:40 PM
I warned you people about the rabbit menace. You people laughed it off.

I TOLD YOU SO.
I started dumping my dog's hair (he sheds a ton) along the tree line where the rabbits used to hang out.  I haven't seen any in a while. :)

Caliga

Oh, also, for Christmas my cousin and his wife bought me a bonsai tree.  I've never had one before but often thought it would be neat to try bonsai gardening. :cool:  It's a dwarf jade (Portulacaria afra).

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on January 09, 2014, 08:02:10 AM

I TOLD YOU SO.
I started dumping my dog's hair (he sheds a ton) along the tree line where the rabbits used to hang out.  I haven't seen any in a while. :)
Great idea! I had to put traps out the last two summers to catch ground hogs and squirrels. Ground hogs are gone, for now anyway; man, they do serious damage on a veggie garden! And I got rid of squirrels, for the time being, which saved the daily attacks on my small cornfield for much of the summer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 09, 2014, 08:02:10 AM

I TOLD YOU SO.

My liquidation campaigns do the same thing.