News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

*Drumroll* Amanda Knox verdict coming up!

Started by Jaron, December 04, 2009, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I never heard of this bitch before, but I guess shes up for murder charges in Italy. Her verdict is due in about 5 minutes if CNN can be believed. I can't WAIT to see if she gets the dea..Oh right, Europe. Life.

*giddy*
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

What was I thinking? An American on trial in Europe. She was fucked since day 1.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

I dont think so, at least not by internet standards.

Caliga

She's ok looking.  Needs implants tho.  Anyway, go go Foxy Knoxy!  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Jaron

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

She looks good in that photo. Jaron's makes her look like a member of the Manson family.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

CNN had some harpie that writes for Esquire or Vanity Fair or one of those going on and on about how unfair the Italian court system is, how the prosecutor had it out for Amanda because she liked to get stoned and fuck, how there was no physical evidence and no reasonable theory.

I figure the harpie is connected to Amanda's family, who judging by the fact that they're moving out to Italy to expedite the appeals process are stinking rich. 

Media campaign -> US public opinion -> request to have her transferred back to US prison -> parole/pardon.

I also remember some pictures from before in which she looked pretty damn good.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

She is a cute girl from Seattle area a UW student iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

A quick google for this in the Seattle press brings this:

Quote from: SeattlePI
Much of the case against University of Washington honor student Amanda Knox, trapped inside an Italian murder mystery, has vaporized in the six months she's been in the Big House.

Somehow this has escaped the attention of the international press, so eager to fabulate a sexed-up persona for the 20-year-old from Seattle. Nor has it caused a stir in her hometown.

PictureAlong with Rudy Guede and Raffaele Sollecito, she's suspected of participating in the Nov. 1 murder of her British flatmate Meredith Kercher in Perugia. Held without formal charges, they can linger in that limbo until Nov. 2008.

For Knox, there is hope. Not only did the Supreme Court of Italy recently throw out her so-called "false confession" because of her lawyer-less interrogation, but her defense team felt confident enough this week to file for house arrest.

If successful, she could be released within a week, but we have no crystal ball. It's like trying to predict whether Big Brown will win the Triple Crown or stumble like Funny Cide.

I trust the Italians to do the right thing, whatever that is (We still have not seen all the evidence.). But beware the zig-zag path. Beware Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini, even though he's being investigated himself for abuse of power.

He's capable of a June surprise. He could be hiding cards or even new evidence under his long black sleeves.

PictureWhile we're waiting for PM Giuliano Mignini to wrap up the investigation fairly soon, let's update "What If She's Innocent?" the story in which I asked readers to step back and take a fresh look at the case against Knox.

1. The sex games and stir-fry mushroom party theory was tossed after a new post-mortem cast doubt on whether Meredith was raped.

2. Middleaged male reporters have finally stopped perving Knox's schoolgirl sex life. Paris Hilton and Britney Spears once again serve their needs. Meanwhile, the media shows zero interest in the sex lives of the two male suspects.

3. The robbery motive has sprung back to life, thanks to Rudy Guede, who is pointing the finger at Amanda. The Supreme Court has scoffed at his alibi, but he's singing arias to the prosecutor.

Guede first said Amanda wasn't there on the night of the murder. Next he said she was at the door and he heard her voice. Now he claims she was inside the house, quarreling with Kercher about money.

4. The international press hasn't noticed the dramatic improvement in Knox's legal battle. They're too busy listening to Rudy sing.

5. The Supreme Court in April said it's "indisputable and evident" that Guede took part in the murder. The role of the other two suspects remains a jigsaw puzzle.

Picture6. Police had claimed Knox and Guede called each other on their cellphones before and after the murder. Guede didn't have a cellphone with him that night, his lawyer revealed.

6. Amanda's computer was damaged in police custody, so they can't evaluate her hard drive.

7. Alibis for all three suspects need clearing up. Questions, questions. We'd like to ask them questions.

8. The prosecution hasn't proven Amanda and Raffaele knew Rudy (although they may have known OF him, sure, it's a small town.).

We do know Rudy used to visit the boys downstairs in the girls' house. But did he know Meredith? He says yes, but nobody will back up his tale.

Picture8. Rudy and Amanda remain in Capanne prison.

9. Raffaele has been moved to Terni. This week he acquired a glamorous new lawyer, Guila Buongirno

She says: "My client is very, very stressed by the whole episode. He feels like any other 23-year-old who is in custody for murder - he feels like the second victim.

"I have accepted this appointment because having looked at the paperwork I am convinced of his innocence."

10. Remaining evidence against Knox. Two blood stains in the small bathroom the two girls shared. Mixed blood in the bidet (well, they shared that too). A drop of blood of Amanda's on the sink tap.

11. The suspected murder weapon looks iffier all the time. A kitchen knife found in Raffaele's apartment, it's supposed to have Knox's DNA on the handle and (the disputed part) Kercher's near the tip. In or out of evidence? Hang on. We should know for sure soon.

12. The bloody footprint. Rudy's or Raffe's? C'mon, polizia, decide. You're giving us vertigo.

13. Rafe's DNA on bra strap. Besides the footprint, this appears to be the only evidence still against him. Real thing or result of contamination (crime scene footage makes this appear to be a possibility, but too soon to call. We need more information).

14. Bogus: The La Repubblica interview with Amanda Knox. The "Amanda annoying other prisoners by singing Beatle songs" story (OK, we love that one. Why Paul McCartney songs, Amanda. Can't you see John Lennon is the man?). The infamous bleaching and cleanup stories remain unproven. The press hasn't mentioned them for ages, usually a very bad sign for conspiracy theorists. Let's wait and see.

15. Face-to-face hearing. Every reporter's fantasy, Rudy, Amanda, Rafe, together at last Well, actually it could be for the very first time, since the prosecution has yet to offer proof that this trio knew each other let alone conspired.

Nothing in the works yet, but a reporter can dream.

Looks like an ed, but the facts do indeed look like a rather weak case. What say you, Mr. Barrister?

Edit: From here - http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/archives/138524.asp

There are a lot of links there, probably with better details.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sahib

I like it how US media paint Italy as some sort of Third World hellhole  :lol:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

The Minsky Moment

Seattle PI does not appear to be the most sober and even-handed reciter of facts.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson