Martinus

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 09:28:07 AM
4:1 for Liberty  :cool:

Why do you hate the Popo? Are you black? a drug user? a prostitute? Oh. Right.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

If we want to overload Marcins circuits, we need a black to slay 4 gay police officers.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2009, 09:30:03 AM

Cops are historically anti-gay. When it comes to interactions between popos and gays, it usually boils down to two things: 1) raiding gay bars and gay hook-up spots, and 2) turning a blind eye to anti-gay violence.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 01, 2009, 09:26:35 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 09:22:31 AM
To clarify things like butter, they not only got him, but they KILLED the boy. :cool:
Butter isn't very clear.
Its a pun. Clarified butter.  Used in New England for lobsters. 
PDH!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 09:32:01 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2009, 09:30:03 AM

Cops are historically anti-gay. When it comes to interactions between popos and gays, it usually boils down to two things: 1) raiding gay bars and gay hook-up spots, and 2) turning a blind eye to anti-gay violence.

The police is very slow to evolved as an organization. Acceptance of gays is pretty new. Be Patient.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

Attitudes like Martinus' make me less enthusiastic to support gay rights.

It is one thing to not support the police because of their supposed attitudes towards gay people, and quite another to celebrate their deaths.

I find it rather ironic and sad though that you assume the behavior of some to the whole, the same thing you have to fight against every day. Physician - take thy medicine.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 09:46:05 AM
Attitudes like Martinus' make me less enthusiastic to support gay rights.

It is one thing to not support the police because of their supposed attitudes towards gay people, and quite another to celebrate their deaths.

I find it rather ironic and sad though that you assume the behavior of some to the whole, the same thing you have to fight against every day. Physician - take thy medicine.

Well, I'm also embellishing because I know that if there are two things that can get Languish up in arms, it's cop killings and soldier-related stuff (coupled with an almost total, nonchalant disregard for any rights of someone accused of a crime and/or the enemy). Frankly I don't get it (it's a very illiberal attitude which conflicts with the forum's otherwise pro-liberty slant) but I like yanking that chain.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on December 01, 2009, 09:32:01 AM

You are ignoring the contributions of the cop in the village people.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

I can understand that America glorifies its soldiers a bit too much, but it is definitely not that way about police officers.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on December 01, 2009, 09:53:17 AM
I can understand that America glorifies its soldiers a bit too much, but it is definitely not that way about police officers.

Dunno about America, but at least on this forum, it's usually a celebratory mood whenever cops kill someone or someone is sentenced to death. I find it grating, to be honest.

Jaron

Usually that person is a dangerous criminal.  :huh:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017