News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Vegetarian Spider

Started by Malthus, November 25, 2009, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 25, 2009, 04:02:49 PM
Oh, yeah. Done careful comparisons. They infest old sheds, abandoned clothes heaps, any sort of place they might be able to get me, which I am sure is their goal.

Definetely brown recluses. Memphis is pretty much the heart of brown recluse territory; I think we might have a denser population in west TN than anywhere else.

Are they the secret weapons of the South...?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Malthus

The South shall rise again - on eight legs.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2009, 11:19:42 AM
:huh: Spiders are awesome. :cool: Dude, they eat mosquitoes and gnats and shit.

I like Raid. It eats mosquitoes and gnats and shit and spiders.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2009, 05:07:48 PM

I see you opened the thread - you must have on some level a curiousity about spiders.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 26, 2009, 11:47:38 AM
I see you opened the thread - you must have on some level a curiousity about spiders.  :D

It's like a horror film. :D :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

There's a reason I live high in a concrete tower:  No spider can get anywhere near me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2009, 05:07:48 PM

Who the hell wants to spray poisonous chemicals around their apartment/house if it's not necessary though?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on November 26, 2009, 08:38:01 PM
There's a reason I live high in a concrete tower:  No spider can get anywhere near me.

Untrue: I had a rather large one set up shop outside my window when I worked on the 44th floor.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2009, 09:05:53 PM
Who the hell wants to spray poisonous chemicals around their apartment/house if it's not necessary though?

If there are spiders, it is necessary.

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2009, 09:55:04 AM

Untrue: I had a rather large one set up shop outside my window when I worked on the 44th floor.
I wonder what it ate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on November 27, 2009, 12:31:49 PM

I wonder what it ate.
The souls of lawyers... poor thing ended up starving to death :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: HVC on November 27, 2009, 12:45:02 PM

I wonder what it ate.
The souls of lawyers... poor thing ended up starving to death :(

heh there's an evolutionary dead end for ya.
:p

Malthus

I wonder what it ate.

Bugs blown upwards by the high winds tall buildings tend to generate.

Though HVC's answer is more poetic.  :D

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2009, 01:46:58 PM
I wonder what it ate.
Bugs blown upwards by the high winds tall buildings tend to generate.

Though HVC's answer is more poetic.  :D
My tower is more isolated.  There is no wind-tunnel effect to knock the bugs upwards.

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 27, 2009, 10:15:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2009, 09:05:53 PM

If there are spiders, it is necessary.

What he said. A life without spiders is worth shaving off a couple years.