Girl, 10, refuses to go to bed. Mom calls cops, girl gets tasered.

Started by Syt, November 21, 2009, 04:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 02:28:57 PM
If you don't trust teachers, then why do you trust parents? At least teachers are trained for the job.

Believe it or not, most parents do just fine with no training.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2009, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: Jaron on November 21, 2009, 01:40:13 PM
Someone got roughed up in the ass. :P
I don't think so.  In Ukraine, people would look the other way if you hit someone, but gay sex was a HUGE no-no, especially between a teacher and a student.

Doesn't this open the door for the kid blackmailing the teacher, or getting revenge by claiming sexual assault - whether it happened or not?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on November 21, 2009, 07:23:55 AM
The girl is 65 pounds and 4'6"?? Oh for fuck's sake. Slap the little bitch on the ass a few times, drag her kicking and screaming little butt into her room, and close the door. End of discussion.

Stupid mother....  <_<
That's called child abuse these days, at least in failed societies.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 10:51:32 AM
Same goes for schools, I think.

Back in the day, teachers had a whole continuum of "institutionalized violence" at their disposal, from smacking a kid on the head to slapping them on a wrist etc. that could be used depending on the degree of offense. I don't know - maybe kids were not as bad back then (but I doubt it) but it was unthinkable to have cops called to school on a kid unless they committed some really serious crime.

These days teachers are scared shitless of being sued to they call cops at the slightest provocation. The end result is that kids get more violent responses for lesser offenses than before.
When you were a kid the teachers could have the students executed as counter-revolutionary, and vice-versa.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fireblade

lol, Ozark is a shitty little hillbilly town. And the cops there are pigs.

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on November 21, 2009, 02:46:54 PM
Doesn't this open the door for the kid blackmailing the teacher, or getting revenge by claiming sexual assault - whether it happened or not?
Depends on when it happened.  Once upon a time, the hysteria surrounding sex and kids wasn't quite so well-fed, and so any accusations would simply be disregarded as lies.

merithyn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 21, 2009, 11:01:16 AM

The main reason cops get called to schools is, I think, because the schools are terrified of being sued if they so much as lay a finger on a child. That's why they let the cops deal with it.

At the middle school I used to work at, the only time the police were brought in was when the principal or deans couldn't calm the kid down. Only a handful of times do I recall cuffs being used, and those kids were completely out of control.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2009, 02:53:08 PM
The girl is 65 pounds and 4'6"?? Oh for fuck's sake. Slap the little bitch on the ass a few times, drag her kicking and screaming little butt into her room, and close the door. End of discussion.

Stupid mother....  <_<

According to the police around here, it's not abuse if it doesn't leave a mark. :smarty:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on November 21, 2009, 03:18:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2009, 02:53:08 PM

Stupid mother....  <_<

According to the police around here, it's not abuse if it doesn't leave a mark. :smarty:

I have heard getting hit with a phonebook doesn't leave bruises.  :ph34r:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 02:28:57 PM
If you don't trust teachers, then why do you trust parents? At least teachers are trained for the job.

Teachers are not trained to hit students. :huh:

Anyway, I trust parents more as at least the child is their legal responsibility and hopefully they have some sort of emotional bond with it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I doubt anyone would believe the student.

KRonn

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2009, 05:01:10 PM
I doubt anyone would believe the student.

In that case, what's to stop the teacher from buggering the student to his heart's content? If no-one is ever likely to believe the student, seems that the danger of getting caught is pretty low.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on November 24, 2009, 09:26:37 AM
In that case, what's to stop the teacher from buggering the student to his heart's content? If no-one is ever likely to believe the student, seems that the danger of getting caught is pretty low.
I don't know, I haven't been involved in it.  My guess is that if that actually happens, there will be more than just the word of one student against the teacher.  I guess this isn't the only situation where it's hard to get caught, but God help you if you get caught.

I do know that in Soviet Union, gay sex was a crime punishable by years in jail, and that was just for consenting adults.  One of my Russian acquaintances recalled going to the cinema as a child, to presumably watch some movie for children, and seeing the news reel of police busting into the apartment of two people having gax sex (there was no editing out of naughty bits, Soviet Union didn't do censorship).  I don't think that the environment where you want to practice your love on children of the same sex.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2009, 10:27:58 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 24, 2009, 09:26:37 AM
I don't know, I haven't been involved in it.  My guess is that if that actually happens, there will be more than just the word of one student against the teacher.  I guess this isn't the only situation where it's hard to get caught, but God help you if you get caught.

I do know that in Soviet Union, gay sex was a crime punishable by years in jail, and that was just for consenting adults.  One of my Russian acquaintances recalled going to the cinema as a child, to presumably watch some movie for children, and seeing the news reel of police busting into the apartment of two people having gax sex (there was no editing out of naughty bits, Soviet Union didn't do censorship).  I don't think that the environment where you want to practice your love on children of the same sex.

I dunno; seems the perfect place to do it.

All the risk is in getting caught. The consequences of being caught are pretty horrific here in the West - years in jail, possibility of being murdered in jail, etc. While the consequences in the ex-Soviet world would certainly be worse, its merely a matter of degree, not kind.

OTOH, the chances of getting caught strike me as seriously lower in a system where kids are likely to be disbelieved. In most cases of child sex abuse here in the West, routine disbelief that kids were telling the truth about sex abuse did in the past foster a lot of it - though clearly the pendulum swung too far the other way with that "repressed memory" nonsense.  Without someone taking kids accusations seriously, there is little chance of being caught, unless an adult happens to walk in on the abuse while its being committed.