News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quick lawyer question!

Started by Razgovory, November 25, 2009, 03:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Okay, this is a hypothetical.  Say I have a friend who has kidnapped a person.  Could this theoretical person use a lawyer to put the kidnapped person in escrow and get the ransom money the same way?  Pardon me if I'm not using the right terms here.  I'm in a hurry.  Need an answer quick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I don't know if this is legal, but this is probably not wise.  What is the lawyer supposed to do if the hostage tries to escape, issue him a subpoena?

garbon

Is this like the Russian chick who raped a thief and it was okay because she fed him?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on November 25, 2009, 03:48:34 PM
Is this like the Russian chick who raped a thief and it was okay because she fed him?
No, it was ok because that was HOTT.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2009, 03:17:46 PM
Okay, this is a hypothetical.  Say I have a friend who has kidnapped a person.  Could this theoretical person use a lawyer to put the kidnapped person in escrow and get the ransom money the same way?  Pardon me if I'm not using the right terms here.  I'm in a hurry.  Need an answer quick.

Yeah, I suppose that you could, in the same sense that you could get a lawyer to hold down a chick while you raped her.  If you meant, could it be done legally, then no.  Also, lawyer-client privilege wouldn't apply, because the lawyer wouldn't be acting as legal counsel, he'd be acting as an accomplice.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2009, 03:17:46 PM
Pardon me if I'm not using the right terms here.  I'm in a hurry.  Need an answer quick.

:lol:

I dare not ask any questions....