52% of Republicans Believe ACORN Stole the Election

Started by jimmy olsen, November 19, 2009, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 19, 2009, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2009, 09:26:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 19, 2009, 09:23:59 PM
Well, there you have it - if a story about ACORN doesn't mention US Attorney scandals, and "allegations" that Republicans kept poor people from voting,  then obviously it is biased.
Obviously the whole article is pure spin, but if the headline fact is true it's still very damning, spun article or no.

Meh. Nutty people think nutty things, or respond as such in polls. So what?

I am sure you can find equally stupid shit from the other side. Hell, I still remember Dems who were certain Bush was going to stage a coup rather than give up power, or who insisted that he had some deal going with the Saudis after 9/11. How long did the bullshit about him letting bin Ladens family leave even when all flights were supposedly banned go on?

How many people who identify has as "Democrats" buy into Michael Moores bullshit? 50%? Probably.

Percentages made up by Berkut are false?  Almost certainly.  Of Course nutty people buy into nutty stuff.  That's why Atlas Shrugged still sells.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Public Policy Polling is a polling service for Democratic candidates.  The poll question was:
"Do you think that Barack Obama legitimately
won the Presidential election last year, or do
you think that ACORN stole it for him?"

Talk about loaded questions!  :lol:  If you don't think that Obama won "legitimately" your only option is to buy into some wacky conspiracy theory!  :rolleyes:

So, I wouldn't take this poll too seriously.  Certainly the people who wrote the questions didn't.

The whole poll is the second page of http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_1119.pdf
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

Quote from: alfred russel on November 19, 2009, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2009, 08:51:30 PM
I think questioning 2000 elections is more than legitimate (2004, not so much).  The margin of victory was so ridiculously small that practically anything could've swung it either way.  Of course, the same would apply in case Gore won, but that's not how history unfolded.

The count in the 2000 was totally legit--Bush won 5-4.
Actually, he won 7-2.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 19, 2009, 10:31:15 PM
Percentages made up by Berkut are false?  Almost certainly.  Of Course nutty people buy into nutty stuff.  That's why Atlas Shrugged still sells.
Your fixation on Rand-bashing is getting disturbing.  It's almost to the point of Spellus's fixation on bashing female politicians and suggests an underlying psychopathology.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2009, 08:28:24 AM
Your fixation on Rand-bashing is getting disturbing.  It's almost to the point of Spellus's fixation on bashing female politicians and suggests an underlying psychopathology.  :(

His dislike of Rand is the sanest part of him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on November 20, 2009, 07:39:01 AM
Talk about loaded questions!  :lol:  If you don't think that Obama won "legitimately" your only option is to buy into some wacky conspiracy theory!  :rolleyes:
The specificity of the conspiracy is loaded, I agree.  But what non wacky conspiracy theory could you have if you though Obama didn't win legitimately?
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2009, 08:35:19 AM
-_- It feels like it's beyond mere 'dislike' to me.  :)

KRonn

Congress needs to do a full and comprehensive investigation of ACORN anyway, as do the Feds such as FBI, and the many states that now have ACORN under charges or some sort of investigation. No surprise there, but if that isn't done, then we continue to allow problems to continue. Look at Minnesota between Franken and (I forget the other guy's name). Just a few thousand votes. While there are allegations of ACORN with many thousands of fraudulent votes in many states. Thankfully most of those votes probably never are cast, or get entered onto the voter rolls, but if a few thousand bogus votes can occur in a tight race it makes the difference.

Conversely I don't see many large cases of Republican voter fraud, nothing like a national organization, tax payer funded, like ACORN. So yeah, people may blow it out of proportion but there are problems, and the perceptions make things worse.

Many ACORN members have tried to come forward on various issues, from funding to other things. Some were high level managers in some offices. They haven't gotten very far, mainly due it seems to politics and lack of desire politically to do anything, and some are afraid to go too far. The Congress should be all over this and get this stuff out in the open and investigated.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2009, 08:28:24 AM

Only seems that way to you cause you seem to like it.  I imagine Marxists are similarly crestfallen by anti-communists and other rational people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2009, 09:14:47 AM
Only seems that way to you cause you seem to like it.  I imagine Marxists are similarly crestfallen by anti-communists and other rational people.
Your analogy doesn't quite work due to the fact that I'm not an Objectivist.  :(

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2009, 08:38:57 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 20, 2009, 07:39:01 AM
The specificity of the conspiracy is loaded, I agree.  But what non wacky conspiracy theory could you have if you though Obama didn't win legitimately?
If you thought that he won "just 'cause he was black," you could claim that he didn't win "legitimately" and still not believe in crackpot conspiracy theories.

On the other hand, one cannot accept that the question is bogus and not also accept that it was deliberately so.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2009, 09:03:58 AM
He's just showing off for the cool kids.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2009, 09:22:42 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2009, 09:14:47 AM
Your analogy doesn't quite work due to the fact that I'm not an Objectivist.  :(
But crazy people believe that all disagreements with them are due to some weird conspiracy or belief system held by their opponent, so Raz will probably see your denial here as proof that his statement is true.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 20, 2009, 09:41:06 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 20, 2009, 09:03:58 AM
He's just showing off for the cool kids.

It's true.  I just wish some cool kids would show up. :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on November 20, 2009, 09:39:26 AMIf you thought that he won "just 'cause he was black," you could claim that he didn't win "legitimately" and still not believe in crackpot conspiracy theories.
Doesn't legitimately just mean legally?  So even if he won just because he's black, that's legal.  If he didn't win the election legitimately then you need a conspiracy theory.
Let's bomb Russia!