52% of Republicans Believe ACORN Stole the Election

Started by jimmy olsen, November 19, 2009, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That's OK, Diebold stole the 2004 elections for the Republicans.  So everybody's even.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 20, 2009, 06:13:57 PM

Nonetheless, the USSC decision still probably is in lead for worst Supreme Court opinion of this century IMHO.

My vote goes to Kelo. It's not Dredd Scott, but it's bad. Look up what has happened to that property since...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Fate

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 20, 2009, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 20, 2009, 06:13:57 PM

Nonetheless, the USSC decision still probably is in lead for worst Supreme Court opinion of this century IMHO.

My vote goes to Kelo. It's not Dredd Scott, but it's bad. Look up what has happened to that property since...
:lol:

"... In September 2009, the land where Susette Kelo's home had once stood was an empty lot, and the promised 3,169 new jobs and $1.2 million a year in tax revenues had not materialized. In November 2009, Pfizer announced it would close its New London research facility."

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on November 20, 2009, 03:47:02 PM
Could Obama lose in 2012? Maybe to Palin-Beck?

Hopefully the GOP will be smart enough to encourage that thought. Keep the Dems stupid and clueless thinking Palin will run than bring out a real candidate when it's too late to gear up the attack machine.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Fate

Quote from: Strix on November 20, 2009, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: Jaron on November 20, 2009, 03:47:02 PM
Could Obama lose in 2012? Maybe to Palin-Beck?

Hopefully the GOP will be smart enough to encourage that thought. Keep the Dems stupid and clueless thinking Palin will run than bring out a real candidate when it's too late to gear up the attack machine.

A real candidate. Like Huckabee or Romney.  :lol:

The next Republican is going to be a sacrificial lamb. No one worth their salt is going to challenge Obama in 2012.

garbon

Indeed. Obama has been doing such a phenomenal job.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fate

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2009, 07:53:03 PM
Indeed. Obama has been doing such a phenomenal job.
Reagan was in much worse shape at this point in his first term.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fate

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2009, 08:37:18 PM
Obama is no Reagan. Flash in the pan, baby! :yeah:

Clintonites everywhere believed similar things during the primary after Iowa.  :lol:

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2009, 08:37:18 PM
Obama is no Reagan. Flash in the pan, baby! :yeah:
You've been saying that for years now.  A huge monument will be built to his memory right next to the Lincoln Memorial, and the Democratic Party will be in power for 30 years, and you'll still be saying that.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on November 20, 2009, 08:47:56 PM
You've been saying that for years now.  A huge monument will be built to his memory right next to the Lincoln Memorial, and the Democratic Party will be in power for 30 years, and you'll still be saying that.

Years? I only started talking about Obama last year. :mellow:

Also, Obama doesn't really seem to do shit...other than being a symbol for hope.

Jaron

Eh. I supported Obama as much as one could in 08, but my faith in him and the DNC is wavering at the moment. They need to pull themselves together and lead the country in a clear direction.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fate

Quote from: Jaron on November 21, 2009, 02:02:11 AM
Eh. I supported Obama as much as one could in 08, but my faith in him and the DNC is wavering at the moment. They need to pull themselves together and lead the country in a clear direction.

The direction is clear. Palin or Obama. Choose.