52% of Republicans Believe ACORN Stole the Election

Started by jimmy olsen, November 19, 2009, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

With options like those, there is no real choice. I'd rather the country stagnate and do nothing under Obama than swing hard right under Palin.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

AnchorClanker

There are retards everywhere.  What % of Americans thought that Obama could walk on water and heal the blind?  :contract:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Razgovory

Quote from: AnchorClanker on November 21, 2009, 01:12:17 PM
There are retards everywhere.  What % of Americans thought that Obama could walk on water and heal the blind?  :contract:

Well I've never seen him wet and everyone around him seems to be able to see.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Hmm...

0?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Every Democrat...which includes me. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 20, 2009, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 20, 2009, 06:13:57 PM

Nonetheless, the USSC decision still probably is in lead for worst Supreme Court opinion of this century IMHO.

My vote goes to Kelo. It's not Dredd Scott, but it's bad. Look up what has happened to that property since...

Kelo was based on pretty solid precedent though.  The Supreme Court became the popular villain in that case, but the CT legislature were the ones who actually did it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 21, 2009, 04:16:06 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 20, 2009, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 20, 2009, 06:13:57 PM

Nonetheless, the USSC decision still probably is in lead for worst Supreme Court opinion of this century IMHO.

My vote goes to Kelo. It's not Dredd Scott, but it's bad. Look up what has happened to that property since...

Kelo was based on pretty solid precedent though.  The Supreme Court became the popular villain in that case, but the CT legislature were the ones who actually did it.

Yep.  Using eminent domain to take property for developers is terrible policy IMO, but I it's not the role of the Court to decdie if laws reflect good or bad policy.  On reflection, I think that they got this one right.  I'm not sure if the feds using emient domain like this would pass muster, but the states can do it.