Law talkers, to me! Deceptive statements by officials

Started by grumbler, November 19, 2009, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on November 19, 2009, 04:03:42 PM
I guess CC is such a great lawyer because he doesn't read all the material before him before answering the question, but is able to provide a requested advice after just reading the first part of the instruction.  :lol:

There was another specific question but being an idiot you didnt read the thread title that said "statements by officials" which can mean, in all areas outside Poland, someone who is not a cop and the OP said someone who is not a school official, which, outside Poland, can also mean someone who is not a cop.

Also, being an idiot, you didnt notice I was answering the OP and more accurately the implied question buried within it.  Too hard for you I know.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2009, 04:10:33 PM
I guess CC is such a great lawyer because he doesn't read all the material before him before answering the question, but is able to provide a requested advice after just reading the first part of the instruction.  :lol:

There was another specific question but being an idiot you didnt read the thread title that said "statements by officials" which can mean, in all areas outside Poland, someone who is not a cop and the OP said someone who is not a school official, which, outside Poland, can also mean someone who is not a cop.

Yeah, I guess I'm an idiot because I understood grumbler's question and you are clever because you failed to do so.  :lol:

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2009, 04:08:55 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 03:53:04 PM
Your hatred of capitalism, entrepreneurship, the elderly, Southern cuisine, and factory farming all ANGER ME GREATLY.  :mad:

No it is just that KFC is fucking nasty. I tried to eat there the other day (haven't since I was a child and used to order chicken littles) and almost vomited. It was foul.

:bleeding: :bash:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Nearly all of the KFCs in Louisville (and as you might imagine there is practically one on every street corner) are paired with either a Taco Bell, a Long John Silvers, or an A&W.  On the relatively rare occasions when I eat there I usually get whatever the other brand happens to be in that store.  I don't think KFC is bad, but it's typically pretty bland.

Also IMO the Yum! chains are generally the worst at providing speedy service and have among the lowest quality food.  My mother in law has been at Yum! corporate for 35 years and they've gone through multiple studies to try to figure out how to improve service speed and accuracy and have never gotten it up to their own internal standards.  They just can't get it right.  I think part of the problem is that with chains like Taco Bell, there's no standard order of "burger, fries, and a Coke" and so people ask for alot of 'custom' orders which inevitably take longer and get screwed up.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2009, 04:15:29 PM
I don't think KFC is bad, but it's typically pretty bland.

KFC here is pretty disgusting.  I havent eaten there for years but the last time I did the amount of fat on those birds guarranteed I wouldnt go back.

When I was a kid I remember KFC being great and it was a real treat to get it.  Either standards slipped or as a kid I didnt mind fatty foods - probably a combination of both.

DGuller

Can somebody explain to me the logic behind deep frying?  How could anyone ever think that drowning food in boiling oil could ever lead to something good?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

On the other hand, he's actually a lawyer, unlike you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2009, 05:05:56 PM
Can somebody explain to me the logic behind deep frying?  How could anyone ever think that drowning food in boiling oil could ever lead to something good?

How could it not? :mmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2009, 05:05:56 PM

There are some great deep fried foods.

Its just that the fast food places dont do it well.

DGuller

I don't know, it feels like a fatal heart attack is imminent any time I eat something deep-fried.  That's probably what distracts me from realizing the greatness of deep-fried food.

Sahib

How this turned into a thread about merits of fast food restaurants?  :huh:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2009, 04:58:01 PM
When I was a kid I remember KFC being great and it was a real treat to get it.  Either standards slipped or as a kid I didnt mind fatty foods - probably a combination of both.
Oh, the quality of their food has gone down considerably IMO.... but in KFC's defense you can now get grilled chicken there.  I tried some recently and it wasn't bad.

The biggest quality decline for one of Yum!'s stores has been Taco Bell.  Taco Bell was like ten times better in every way before Yum! acquired it and proceeded to ruin it.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller